Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Looking for a tester with an Amiga CD32  (Read 1948 times)

Description:

Offline saimoTopic starter

Looking for a tester with an Amiga CD32
« on: April 06, 2020, 12:14:37 PM »
A while ago I wrote some code that accesses the Amiga CD32 NVRAM directly. Unfortunately, I don't have an Amiga CD32 and UAE, in this case, doesn't make for a good reference: in fact, the code worked right away on UAE, but it never worked on a real machine. Until now, a friend made lots of tests, but I caught him in a very busy period and, moreover, running tests is a huge hassle to him.
I don't want to bother him anymore, so I need an Amiga CD 32 owner who can easily trasfer files from/to the machine (i.e. without burning CDs or plugging/unplugging expansion hardware) and run tests for me. The tests consist in small programs (under 2 kB) which run for a couple of seconds and output text and/or dump files to RAM:.
Can anybody help? Thanks in advance.
RETREAM - retro dreams for Amiga, Commodore 64 and PC

Offline videofx

Re: Looking for a tester with an Amiga CD32
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 04:28:42 PM »
I can help you out

Bill

The following users thanked this post: saimo

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 11:14:43 PM »
Hi Bill,

thank you! I've seen your reply only now; in the meanwhile, two other persons contacted me, so, for the moment being, I won't disturb you, too ;) Should I need more help, I'll get in touch. Thanks again :)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 11:19:13 PM by saimo »

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2021, 02:51:47 PM »
@all @videofx

I'm looking for somebody to test an update that I've been working on for a while now. It seems that the custom NVRAM code doesn't work fine on all the Amiga CD32 machines, and I don't have that machine to make tests myself.

Requirements:
 * Amiga CD32 machine with a 2.5 V or less version of the EEPROM chip (it's marked "AT24C08" and, among various other codes, it has also the voltage printed on it - for example, the chip at the middle bottom of this picture, just under the Alice chip, has a "25" meaning that it's a 2.5 V chip);
 * easy storage support (HD/CF/floppy/etc.) - CD-ROM alone won't do;
 * knowledge of AmigaOS, some basic technical skills, ability to provide clear reports and patience.

If interested, please send me an email to postmaster at retream dot com.
Thank you!