Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: IndieGO have rights for walker case  (Read 976 times)

Description:

Offline Andre.Siegel

• Show only replies by Andre.Siegel
    • http://www.power2people.org
Re: IndieGO have rights for walker case
« Reply #44 from previous page: July 21, 2015, 02:01:10 PM »
Quote from: zzd10h;792833

Edited by TrevorD

Removed the personal insults.

Thanks but I think you missed one (after "@amiga.org").

Offline F0LLETT

• Amigakit / A-EON Support
  • Administrator
    • Show only replies by F0LLETT
    • Ultimate Amiga
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2015, 02:20:33 PM »
Quote from: Andre.Siegel;792842
Thanks but I think you missed one (after "@amiga.org").

Aye.
Quote from: Hungry Horace
Resolute and Industrious Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Ultimate Amiga Network (Home of SONY PSP Amiga Emulator and AMOS Factory)

Quote from:  He who shall not be named
"Chris is that you!!!"
My all time favorite quote.

Offline Duce

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show only replies by Duce
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2015, 02:31:02 PM »
So a guy points out effectively the same numbers in regards to component costs as the maker does, and an entire site gets called "braindeads", among other things?  Marketing 101 at work right there...  Sigh..

Only point I was trying to make is that you might be able to get a bare case from this fellow and build it yourself for cheaper.  He'd still make money selling the bare case, and you'd have a neat little PC at a decent price with perhaps some personal custom touches applied to.

Some people (me included) may have zero interest in included "AEROS" for 30E or some obscure cloud service and may want to buy just the bare case and build it up themselves, which can be done cheaper if you're willing to dig a bit.  For those that simply wanted to buy the whole PC pre-built off the gentlemen, he offers that as well.  I don't see a problem nor need for the "vendor" to be ignorant.  Were I to buy one - and I may if I can ever see an actual physical hard copy of the thing rather than just a 3d render, I'd prefer to buy it barebones and build it myself using my own components, anyways.  None of the included components look proprietary in the least.  I don't pay for things I won't use, and I certainly wouldn't use several things included on the full build version like Amicloud, AEROS, UPS battery pack, slim optical drive, etc.  

Fellow has one heck of a way of "promoting a product".  You'd think his time would be better served by getting a real copy of the case printed up and photographed/advertised vs. slinging insults at the community if they dare ask questions.

Offline Calimeiro

• Show only replies by Calimeiro
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2015, 11:08:30 PM »
@Duce
The master of guerilla marketing is back on track with a hot deal for you, only 80 bucks for this hand-crafted little indulgence. From the metrics i guess it costs 160 to 240 bucks ordering it from a 3d printing service.
Of course this offer is garnished with the usual cusses and insults.

I wonder why this underestimated beauty isn't advertised on amiga-news.de
Maybe he is using explicit language a bit too often there as well.

Calculating 70.000 $ on kickstarter needs 233 backers pledging 300 bucks
Pledges of 20 $, erm, needs around 3500 backers. I doubt he'll get enough to buy the printer and materials.

Good luck in getting one

Offline Duce

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show only replies by Duce
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2015, 11:49:34 PM »
All I am asking the guy for is some pics of a real, live version of it.  Not some 3d rendering, you know, just so people can be assured he actually has the ability and equipment to make a real, live version?  You know, so people can see the print quality, etc?  Guess that makes me the bad guy, lol.

He'll really blow a gasket when anyone that does buy one just releases the stl files on the web anyways, lol.  

It won't go anywhere anyways, just like the rest of the "projects".  Not trying to brow beat the gentleman, but it's not too much to ask to see something more than a 3d rendering if you're asking for peoples' money, is it?  It's not standard practice to buy expensive items based on what is effectively a drawing on the back of a cocktail napkin.

I mean, I don't have the Ford Motor Company hammering on my door, trying to sell me concept cars and shouting "BUT LOOK, it's a 3D rendering!!!!" and not having anything really to show for it.

I'm honestly surprised the other sites haven't put the kibosh on things.