Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga boing logo is -cool or not- ?  (Read 5482 times)

Description:

Offline lempkee

• Show only replies by lempkee
    • http://www.amigaguru.com
Re: Amiga boing logo is -cool or not- ?
« Reply #74 from previous page: October 13, 2003, 10:21:51 PM »
the people who think a butterfly is unique and a better option , grow up ..or just do some research.

allready there is a os called "ALMOST THE SAME" , thats one ..

several software companies have had butterflies as a logo since the early 80's , so basically the main consumers will get confused of it if they have some sort of knowledge about excisting game companies and the almost named simmilar OS.

beyond that.. MOS the nickname of morphos means "GAY" .

oh and infact there is also a hw producing company who has a blue butterfly and its identical to mos butterfly! ..

i am guessing this...if it ever gets popular outside the community , some lawsuits are bound to happen.

just my op. anyway and last i checked this is the place to put out your opinions.

Whats up with all the hate!

Offline Oli_hd

• Show only replies by Oli_hd
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2003, 12:34:04 AM »
Hi,

Does anyone else think this, that its a really naff logo?

I think its a great logo, I wouldnt change it even if i had the chance.  :-)

Offline themaddestman

• Show only replies by themaddestman
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2003, 01:27:29 AM »
I prefer the checkmark by far, (Never even SEEN a
boing logo on Commodore hardware, was it more a European thing?)

Ok, so this is not on hardware as such, but I found this on The Commodore Billboard -Commodore Amiga advertisment which features BOTH the 'Amiga boing ball' AND the 'Amiga rainbow tick'.

I always prefered the rainbow tick personally, to me it's sort of a seal of approval - it implies a pass, or perhaps a thumbs up.

Offline iamaboringperson

• Show only replies by iamaboringperson
Re: Amiga boing logo is GAY
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2003, 03:36:05 AM »

amigamad wrote:
I dis agree its a great logo . :-?

The boing ball is dead ugly. It is gay, in the new sense of the word, not the old meaning. :-P

Offline T_Bone

• Show only replies by T_Bone
    • http://www.amiga.org/userinfo.php?uid=1961
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2003, 06:43:18 AM »

iamaboringperson wrote:

amigamad wrote:
I dis agree its a great logo . :-?

The boing ball is dead ugly. It is gay, in the new sense of the word, not the old meaning. :-P

I'm sick of the damn ball, and I hate the word "Boing"
"Get boinged" just sounds so dumb.

I was telling someone who's never heard about Amiga about the OS, and showed him a screenshot on the web and it had the words "Get boinged" blazing acrossed the screen, it didn't impress him and I felt silly trying to advocate something with such a dumb slogan in it.

I don't mind the ball if it's conservative, ie a small ball in the top left corner as in OS4, but the balls balls balls everywhere obsession drives me nuts.

I don't really like the pretentious overtone in "So the world may know" either.  I don't know, maybe I'm just grumpy.
I like the checkmark though.
this space for rent

Offline JetFireDX

• Show only replies by JetFireDX
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2003, 07:03:07 AM »
@T_Bone
What would you prefer to the boing ball? I think it is great looking. It is clean, easy to recognize, and not dated. Similar to Apple updating from the old rainbow Apple to the new aqua plastic looking one, the red/white ball is simpler and more elegant than the check mark (which I like as well anyway). Even MS has updated the "window" logo several times now to keep it up to date, but the boing ball has not needed this. It still looks good. And as far as emblazing the company icon everywhere, take a look at Commodore,Apple, MS, Sun and others (Mozilla, Netscape, AOL, etc...) each plasters their respective tm icon anywhere they can to make sure it gets recognized. Why wouldn't / shouldn't Amiga do the same? Atleast the boing ball has something to do with the Amiga past. Would a 2/3 colour representation of the Juggler from the Juggler Demo be more Amiga? Or Amy Squirrel be more Amiga?

I wouldn't mind seeing a new logo idea (or update to the boingball), but I don't think that anyone in the community could agree on one to fit, considering the company that is semi in control of the Amigas fate is barely able to keep itself together a logo change is probably not on their priority list of things to do atm.

As far as text for the Amiga name goes, I much prefer the 1985 italics typeface used. For a while, I liked the new looking one, but it now only represents false promises and lies.

My 2 cents.