Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: McEwen in Jeopardy?  (Read 11706 times)

Description:

Offline meerschaum

• Show only replies by meerschaum
Re: McEwen in Jeopardy?
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2003, 10:10:13 PM »
I agree with you DaveP for the most part... I think making it personal against Amiga.inc people is wrong,  his family/life/etc is none of our business. I for one dont like Amiga.inc but it by no means says I have anything against the people of Amiga.inc... I wish them well and if Bill McEwan is in bad health I hope this Amiga.inc fiasco gets put behind him and he moves on to greener pastures and prospers... or he finds a way to turn his lot with Amiga.inc around somehow... I for one think this 'personal' crap is sick and should stop right now... supposition/lies/innuendo/etc ... if even one part of it turns out to be bogus it relinquishes your credibility and makes ya look stupid...thats why all in all its best to stick to the facts and not get personal.

I do have to edit my post...as I've seen Gary's and it sheds some light for me... he definitly COULD have made a phone appearance... he CHOSE not to do that... that makes it looks pretty BAD for them.

Offline Ilwrath

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2003, 04:02:15 AM »
I'll take dying bankrupt companies for 400 Alex...

Yep... When I read "McEwen in Jeopardy" I thought.... What, is he trying to raise money?  ;-)

When McEwen was offering to pay Fontenot's back pay after the next "funding round," maybe he was hoping to find the Daily Double?
 :-D

I'll be here all week.  Try the clams.

Offline gary_c

• Show only replies by gary_c
    • http://www.cunningham-lee.com
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2003, 04:24:14 AM »
AFAIR it was the police who advised him not to attend in the first damn place

I wonder why he didn't participate via telephone, as Alan Redhouse did, then. As I recall, the announcement that he would attend was made seemingly rather hastily as a response to the uproar about Garry Hare possibly being AI CEO instead of Bill McEwen. It seemed Bill was going to AmiWest at least in part to show that there was no management crisis at Amiga, Inc. The cancellation, under admittedly curious circumstances, has now only compounded that impression. A telephone interview could have been made safely enough, I would think. Why couldn't he just relay over the phone whatever it was he was going to say in person in Sacramento? I do hope his health isn't so poor that he can't even manage that. Surely, if it were, some arrangements could be made for an interim CEO.
I was on #morphos yesterday and Bill Buck was relaying something about Bill McE's state of health being quite poor now. Not bloody surprising all the stress he is under.

That's for sure; hopefully a path can be found out from under all the burdens and he can regain his health and start getting his life back in order.
Sure its good to be a cynic, but sometimes you have to consider all the alternatives - not just the negative ones.

One problem is that it's difficult to fathom what could be a positive alternative, as we think about what's going on with Amiga, Inc. these days. Maybe there is a positive story there somewhere, but if so, it's pretty well hidden. What I've always thought is that Amiga management should level with us. Their PR has always been handled badly; one way to try to get past this stage is, I think, to stop attempting to keep erect the facade of everything still on track when obviously they are in rather desperate straits. As your comment about Bill Buck suggests, even adversaries seem to be more compassionate when they know the truth. I was hoping AmiWest might give Bill McEwen a chance to set the record straight, to say things have been done badly but here's a course for the future. Unfortunately, instead we have more rumors and no doubt will continue to get skeptical comments from one side and over-the-top denials and defensiveness from the other.

-- gary_c

Offline DaveP

• Show only replies by DaveP
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2003, 08:58:46 AM »

. A telephone interview could have been made safely enough, I would think.

Possibly, but as I nor you are privy to the workings of his mind it seems a bit unfair to even speculate.

I think, to stop attempting to keep erect the facade of everything still on track when obviously they are in rather desperate straits.

I don't think Amiga Inc denies that its AmigaDE project is not on track. They may do, I have little interest. The OS4 and A1 project are not really directly their responsibility.

As your comment about Bill Buck suggests, even adversaries seem to be more compassionate when they know the truth.

Where was the compassion bit?

Unfortunately, instead we have more rumors and no doubt will continue to get skeptical comments from one side and over-the-top denials and defensiveness from the other.

And Im sure we will continue to get nasty, vicious comments from one side and accurate but ignored ( because its less fun ) comments from the other.

;-)

Dave.
Hate figure. :lol:

Offline Warface

• Show only replies by Warface
    • http://www.spacehawks.hu
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2003, 09:52:51 AM »
And Im sure we will continue to get nasty, vicious comments from one side and accurate but ignored ( because its less fun ) comments from the other.

Sure... Like the hordes jumping in concerning all negative Amiga Inc events not happening, which turned out to be true.

The problem is: when you choose to follow the track of deception, and when you lie too much, even if you tell the truth it will be received with cautious suspicion the least.

It's still the case with this "jeopardy" thing for me. And however honestly I'd like to believe you, when all of you deny to give details (but instead rumour that some MorphOS fans threatening his life like on Ann) I just cannot. Sorry.

Offline DaveP

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2003, 10:32:40 AM »

It's still the case with this "jeopardy" thing for me. And however honestly I'd like to believe you, when all of you deny to give details (but instead rumour that some MorphOS fans threatening his life like on Ann) I just cannot. Sorry.

Where was that then? I don't see anyone saying that he has been threatened by MorphOS fans over and above the silly custard pie plan rumour - that was hardly life threatening.

No, this is far more serious and you might ponder on who has gone silent on these message boards recently.

Regards

Dave.

Offline Warface

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2003, 10:55:55 AM »
No, this is far more serious and you might ponder on who has gone silent on these message boards recently.

Can't you be a little more clear instead of the continuous hinting?

When strange people call McEwen house late at night and scare the #### out of his daughter, this tells me enough. The lenghts some people have gone through to destroy Amiga Inc since day one is almost unbelievable. IMO all these efforts still points to the same group of people.

Like this. Mike B polluted the thread in his previous comments with references to BB's "little army".

Who are the "same group of people" you are accusing? And why are you each time I ask for it refuse to give straight answers?

Offline DaveP

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2003, 11:35:40 AM »

Warface wrote:

Can't you be a little more clear instead of the continuous hinting?

No.

When strange people call McEwen house late at night and scare the #### out of his daughter, this tells me enough. The lenghts some people have gone through to destroy Amiga Inc since day one is almost unbelievable. IMO all these efforts still points to the same group of people.

Like this. Mike B polluted the thread in his previous comments with references to BB's "little army".

Who are the "same group of people" you are accusing?

You will have to ask MikeB that, I am not MikeB nor do I have any contact with him over and above when we come across each other on message boards.

And why are you each time I ask for it refuse to give straight answers?

The answers are straight, just incomplete. In fact the same thread on ANN someone posted a pretty accurate analysis of who it was.

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2003, 01:33:11 PM »

Dave,

Since you weren't there at AmiWest, I certainly cannot expect you to understand what I am about to say...  There are NO "sides".

I certainly have earned my share of raking Amiga Inc over the coals, and to be honest, before meeting him, I was -- shall we say -- less than impressed with Ben Hermans yet he, his team, and my team (which had not yet been announced) were able to sit at breakfast Friday morning and enjoy just being Amiga users without reservation or hatred.  The fact is, both teams found ourselves to be in almost 100% agreement wherein Amiga Inc's situation is concerned.

In fact, most of my team went off with Ben's to the local electronics store for an apparent shopping spree.  

(I know Downix brought back two large bags and was wanting to go back for more.)

In the end, all things considered, we each have our jobs, and our specific points of view but there is no reason for the continued hatred and division being shown on the forums.

Offline DaveP

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2003, 02:18:34 PM »

Dave,

Since you weren't there at AmiWest, I certainly cannot expect you to understand what I am about to say... There are NO "sides".

Of course I bloody understand. I think Gary_C would get what you have quoted. Look back at what he said, he characterised one side this way and the other side that way - so I characterised it another way. Consider it a little game no harm done.  It even had a smiley to underline it. One like this one ;-)

When I refer to "blue camp" or "red camp" or "sides" I am always being slightly sarcastic. I have posted time and time again about the petty schoolyard gang culture that has developed and how pointless and petty it is. Seems people just remember me for other things.

In the end, all things considered, we each have our jobs, and our specific points of view but there is no reason for the continued hatred and division being shown on the forums.

Nothing I have ever disagreed with. Hopefully other people start to get it through their thick heads soonest.

Regards

Dave.

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2003, 02:51:27 PM »
The people that work for Amiga Inc are very very bright people, they may not be business geniuses by a long way but there is an awful lot of this that is not of their own making from what I have found out.

Hmmm....

"The Amiga as a platform is dead."

Sometimes I just have to cry myself to sleep.

Offline mikeymike

• Show only replies by mikeymike
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2003, 03:03:51 PM »
Hmm, one of those threads where everyone claims to know the 'inside story' and where 99% of people really don't know what's going on.  Guys, pray continue!  It's really quite entertaining!

I bet Bill McEwen is actually a secret agent but is currently being held captive by terrorists!

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2003, 03:04:06 PM »
Nothing I have ever disagreed with. Hopefully other people start to get it through their thick heads soonest.

You have been coming off as very abrasive and confrontational lately Dave, what's up?
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline dammy

• Show only replies by dammy
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2003, 03:08:39 PM »
by DaveP on 2003/7/30 9:36:15

The people that work for Amiga Inc are very very bright people,

Let's think about that statement for a moment.  These are the same "bright" people that told us Amiga OS is dead and DEad would be the new OS that replaces it?  So are they indeed bright people who knownly lied to us or idiots who didn't do their homework with Tao to find out there was no chance in hell of it becoming a stand alone desktop?

So are you correct or incorrect, Dave?

Dammy
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.

Offline DaveP

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2003, 03:22:31 PM »
@redrumloa

Nothing, should there be? Or maybe you are, how shall I say, filling your own emotions into my words as someone so articulatly described on ANN.

Regards

Dave.

Offline Warface

« Reply #29 from previous page: July 31, 2003, 03:25:56 PM »

DaveP wrote:
@redrumloa

Nothing, should there be? Or maybe you are, how shall I say, filling your own emotions into my words as someone so articulatly described on ANN.

Regards

Dave.

Then so do I. I wonder if we two are the only ones noticing it, and warning you about.