Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A-EON Technology and AmigaKit Buys Amigaworld.net  (Read 1763 times)

Description:

Offline James2002

• Show all replies
Re: A-EON Technology and AmigaKit Buys Amigaworld.net
« on: October 27, 2014, 05:40:03 PM »
Quote from: Oldsmobile_Mike;775833
What a great post! Moderation has got to be one of the most difficult, unrewarding jobs in our community (outside of trying to be a referee at roller derby, haha). These folks work hard to make our community a great place and are constantly berated and attacked. I think it would make just about any reasonable person throw up their hands and walk away, yet they keep at it. Kudos for their hard work, and +1 to Matthew & Trevor continuing to support this argumentative, back-biting platform we all know and love, lol. :)

Yeah it tough job. A lot of people complain about moderators. none of them have had the experience.

I have done it for gaming forum. Even done banners for events. (not the one on top of the page of Vbulletin forum.) But I didn't really have the time. Mostly I have busy being running my parents store.

Offline James2002

• Show all replies
Re: A-EON Technology and AmigaKit Buys Amigaworld.net
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 02:03:19 AM »
Sadly some people want to jump to conclusions. They waste their time judging A-EON Technology, Amigakit, and the moderators.

I have seen nothing wrong with the moderators. They nice people from what I have seen so far. Don't forget without a Tech this forum would not be running smooth.

People need to realize that without moderators there would be chaos on the forums. They keep people in line.

Rules are rules. The rules are there to make the forum run as smooth as possible. It better to think about what your saying than to cause problems.

I have walked a mile in their shoes. I was board-member (same as a moderator. I could edit post. Also had to watch the forums.) on a gaming site that died a couple years after I step down. I help out on another gaming site as super moderator from Jan to March. (real life happened.) I was lucky not to have to give any infractions during that time. It was a very challenging job.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 09:34:32 AM by James2002 »