Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: bye  (Read 10530 times)

Description:

Offline cicero790

• Show only replies by cicero790
Re: bye
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2011, 09:27:46 AM »
@KThunder
Please don't leave.
A1200 030 40MHz: 2/32MB Indivision AGA MkII
A600 7 MHz: 2MB
AROS 600 MHz
PC 13600 MHz: quad core i7 2600K 3.4GHz: 16GB RAM: ATI HD6950 2GB   (Yes I know)

WINUAE AmiKit ClassicWB AmigaSYS UAE4Droid  

Offline magnetic

• Show only replies by magnetic
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2011, 09:28:21 AM »
Transition

Interesting you should say that as IMHO thats when the aorg ship started to go down.... many ppl lost interest after all that crap (and guess who was one of the MAIN ringleaders in all the cusa attacks and thread spamming/hijacking??) Your pal Franko
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz
Quad Boot:Reg. MorphOS | OS4.1 U4 |Ubuntu GNU-Linux | MacOS X

Amiga 2000 Rom Switcher w/ 3.1 + 1.3 | HardFrame SCSI | CBM Ram board| A Squared LIVE! 2000 | Vlab Motion | Firecracker 24 gfx

Commodore CDTV: 68010 | ECS | 9mb Ram | SCSI -TV | 3.9 Rom | Developer EPROMs

Offline LordSpunky

• Show only replies by LordSpunky
    • http://www.tristancobb.co.uk
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2011, 09:50:33 AM »
I'm sorry to see anyone leave over all of this. It is a great shame. We are all here for our love of the Amiga, and we need to stop personal attacks. I am sorry for my recent digs. I will say a certain person should stop digging and popping @Franko as you are making it worse
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Main Two Systems:
Commodore Amiga 4000D - 3.1 ROM\'s / Workbench 3.1/5/9 / 2MB ChipRAM / 16MB FastRAM / Cyberstorm2 68040 @40MHz, 128MB FastRAM / Picasso MKIV / 4GB CF-IDE HDD / X-Surf 100 & RapidRoad / CD-ROM
Amiga Inc. Amiga 1200 - 3.1 ROM\'s / Workbench 3.1 / 2MB ChipRAM / 8MB FastRAM / 4GB CF-IDE HDD

Commodore
Pet 4016-N / C-VIC20 x3 / C-64 x3 / C-64C x3 / C128 x2 / C16 / C-Plus/4
Commodore Amiga
A1000 / A500 x5 / A500 Plus / A600 x5 / A1200 x4 / A1500 x2 / CD32 / CDTV

Offline AmigaNG

• Show only replies by AmigaNG
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2011, 10:17:49 AM »
bye

I think this thread even some up some of the problems when people debate about a person leaving, when the above is all you need to post, but I suppose by posting this I'm guilty of the same thing, at the end of day I think we have to keep thing in prospective, its only a web forum most of the debates/thread last for a week and then we move on to the next debate or topic I think its partly the fun, if you not interested then skip the thread or the post that annoy you, it hard to do I admit but the best way to fight trolls or off topic post is not respond to them and leave them get on with it. If your really annoyed and constantly getting annoyed and no longer enjoy your time here then I suppose it is time to leave or cut back on the time your here and I can comply understand that.  

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2011, 11:08:26 AM »
Personally I think the problems started when we lost the coffee house threads on the front page, it was nice when they appeared in their own list at the bottom.

If people had issues they got talked out in the CH... I never go near the CH now, I don't have time to dig around forums :)

just my tuppence.

Offline ElPolloDiabl

• Show only replies by ElPolloDiabl
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2011, 12:11:23 PM »
There is absolutely no need for personal attacks.
On peaceful forums there are some veteran members who keep short tempered posters in line, they do it by remaining calm and giving a firm warning when appropriate.
I think because Amiga is as much as a religion as a hobby people don't seem to lighten up very often.
It is a hobby. A handful of the faithful are not going to change the computing world.
Let's just talk all things Amiga.

btw. A computer is very flexible piece of technology, let's be a little flexible too.
Go Go Gadget Signature!

Offline dammy

• Show only replies by dammy
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2011, 12:37:25 PM »
Quote from: Transition;625657
This thread makes CommodoreUSA threads look fun.

:(

Which the majority of those threads were started by those who hate C=USA, yet C=USA got the blame for those threads.  It is pretty sad when I can't even post some tech items to AO out of fear of rabid nutters coming out of the wood work, which either I or C=USA would get the blame for their offensive postings.

AFAIK, AO was purchased as a business from Wayne.  Owner(s) need to step back and take a look if AO is in growing or in decline.  If it is in decline, things need to be changed just like if it was a brick and mortar business.  People vote on how well a business is doing with their wallet and feet.
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.

Offline nicholas

bye
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2011, 01:22:47 PM »
Quote from: ElPolloDiabl;625681
There is absolutely no need for personal attacks.
On peaceful forums there are some veteran members who keep short tempered posters in line, they do it by remaining calm and giving a firm warning when appropriate.
I think because Amiga is as much as a religion as a hobby people don't seem to lighten up very often.
It is a hobby. A handful of the faithful are not going to change the computing world.
Let's just talk all things Amiga.

btw. A computer is very flexible piece of technology, let's be a little flexible too.

+1
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline Tension

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2011, 01:50:58 PM »
Quote from: bloodline;625672
Personally I think the problems started when we lost the coffee house threads on the front page, it was nice when they appeared in their own list at the bottom.

If people had issues they got talked out in the CH... I never go near the CH now, I don't have time to dig around forums :)

just my tuppence.

I 'Like' this comment

Offline gertsy

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by gertsy
    • http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~gbakker64/
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2011, 02:10:21 PM »
@KThunder + the others bailing.  Pity to see you go. I take your point it's hard to follow the flow of a thread when its full of personal attacks. Amiga Org is no place for personal attacks.  A lot of people take technology stuff personally and all need to appreciate that with a bit of sensitivity.
But a world without fun is just that. I don't see an issue with humour within posts it's what has always made AORG.
Life is to short to "argue fuss and fight".
As Bloodline says: Take it into the Coffee House.  Or the Okay Tea Rooms.
PS: In my mind anyone sending abusive or bullying PMs should be banned on the spot.
PPS: Where's Karlos....He'd sort it out....Help us Karlos, you're our only hope....
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 02:15:15 PM by gertsy »

Offline SysAdmin

• News posting Auto Agent
    • Show only replies by SysAdmin
    • http://www.a-eon.com
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2011, 02:14:22 PM »
Quote from: dammy;625682
Which the majority of those threads were started by those who hate C=USA, yet C=USA got the blame for those threads.  It is pretty sad when I can't even post some tech items to AO out of fear of rabid nutters coming out of the wood work, which either I or C=USA would get the blame for their offensive postings.

AFAIK, AO was purchased as a business from Wayne.  Owner(s) need to step back and take a look if AO is in growing or in decline.  If it is in decline, things need to be changed just like if it was a brick and mortar business.  People vote on how well a business is doing with their wallet and feet.

Any news that is Amiga related is welcome here. Amiga.org has grown since 2009. If I were you I would avoid posting info on a site that starts with an M. We would never let Amiga.org get to the sorry state and spam infested loon town that the M site has become. Also on Amiga.org its easy to avoid members posts you don't like. Add to ignore list, rinse lather repeat. Remember less than five have been reported as starting problems.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 02:16:58 PM by SysAdmin »
Posts on this account before August 4th, 2012 don\'t belong to me.

Offline nicholas

bye
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2011, 02:27:04 PM »
Quote from: gertsy;625696
@KThunder + the others bailing.  Pity to see you go. I take your point it's hard to follow the flow of a thread when its full of personal attacks. Amiga Org is no place for personal attacks.  A lot of people take technology stuff personally and all need to appreciate that with a bit of sensitivity.
But a world without fun is just that. I don't see an issue with humour within posts it's what has always made AORG.
Life is to short to "argue fuss and fight".
As Bloodline says: Take it into the Coffee House.  Or the Okay Tea Rooms.
PS: In my mind anyone sending abusive or bullying PMs should be banned on the spot.
PPS: Where's Karlos....He'd sort it out....Help us Karlos, you're our only hope....

Karlos *is* Amiga.org ;)
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline matt3k

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2011, 03:38:02 PM »
Quote from: KThunder;625574
My Last Post...

I thought for a while about what I should write for my last post ever. I have been a part
of this site for a long time, and it has been a big part of my hobby with computers. I remember
when I first read about Amigas in Popular Science magazine back in the 80's. I had 8-bit
computers that I goofed around with back then, and what I read about the Amiga made me
want one. I finally got an Amiga 1000 a couple years later, and it was great. Later I had another
1000 then a 1200 and a 3000. Great machines, great OS. I did a lot of gaming, a little
programming, and some 3d stuff.

It was a lot of fun. And thats what Amiga.org was when I first joined. It hasn't been that way for
a while now. Pointless bickering, obsessions about who is doing what with the Amiga, what
country you come from etc. etc. etc.
The personal attacks have become unbearable, and they aren't even pointed directly at me.

You can put me down for being an American and not having a sense of humor or whatever you
want, thats fine.
I wish you luck, and try to have fun...

tim

Tim:

You always were charitable and a role model for behavior, your loss will certainly diminish a.org.  I wish you well in all that you do.

Godspeed,

Matt

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2011, 07:30:01 PM »
Quote from: Transition;625697
Any news that is Amiga related is welcome here. Amiga.org has grown since 2009. If I were you I would avoid posting info on a site that starts with an M. We would never let Amiga.org get to the sorry state and spam infested loon town that the M site has become. Also on Amiga.org its easy to avoid members posts you don't like. Add to ignore list, rinse lather repeat. Remember less than five have been reported as starting problems.

"M" site?
The only site I post at that begins with an M is MorphZone and their posters never get as childish as we've gotten here lately.
I've enjoyed some off the off-topic posts, but if we can't play well together, maybe we should follow MorphZone's lead and stick to topics related to hardware and software.
I'd miss the occasional bit of silly banter, but maybe we ought to limit off topic posts.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline Sandman

• Show only replies by Sandman
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2011, 07:39:25 PM »
Personally I've never had an issue with Franko.  

He does seem to post alot but who cares if it wanders a little off topic at least it is entertainment which is all a 'retro computer' should be anyways, IMHO. That and everyone has differing opinions anyways, right?

I think that it's better to have off topic posts than to come here and just see nothing new posted and just hear the crickets crirping.

Offline SysAdmin

• News posting Auto Agent
    • Show only replies by SysAdmin
    • http://www.a-eon.com
« Reply #44 from previous page: March 29, 2011, 08:00:18 PM »
Quote from: Iggy;625783
"M" site?
The only site I post at that begins with an M is MorphZone and their posters never get as childish as we've gotten here lately.
I've enjoyed some off the off-topic posts, but if we can't play well together, maybe we should follow MorphZone's lead and stick to topics related to hardware and software.
I'd miss the occasional bit of silly banter, but maybe we ought to limit off topic posts.

MorphZone is a great site and was not the one I was referring too.
Posts on this account before August 4th, 2012 don\'t belong to me.