Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Forefront tech. inc.  (Read 2255 times)

Description:

Offline downix

• Show only replies by downix
    • http://www.applemonthly.com
Re: Forefront tech. inc.
« Reply #14 from previous page: October 28, 2003, 08:44:12 PM »
@redrumloa

I'll look it up.  But it would not be that big a deal, it would apply only to things purchased, not sold, in your case.
Try blazedmongers new Free Universal Computer kit, available with the GUI toolkit Your Own Universe, the popular IT edition, Extremely Reliable System for embedded work, Enhanced Database development and Wide Area Development system for telecommuting.

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2003, 10:00:07 PM »
So could I send a cheque to someone in Florida to buy the kit, and get them to send the peice of kit to me as a gift?

Offline Joshua

• Show only replies by Joshua
    • http://www.forefronttechnologiesinc.com
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2003, 10:54:12 PM »
TheJackal wrote:
The info I'm looking for is do they sort out the tax and shipping or is that left to daft sods like me?

We would ship to the UK, but you would be responsible for dealing with your local taxes & duty regulations.
Also I'd guess the price includes US taxes, how does this "interact" with uk taxes (17.5%). After all I dont want to pay tax twice!

Our prices do not include any US taxes.  When you go to check out, applicable taxes are added.  We are only required to collect taxes (state sales tax) for certain states - those that we maintain offices in (Pennsylvania), and those that require all retailers to collect state taxes regardless of where the offices are (California).  The US has no federal sales tax.  So, only orders shipped or billed to PA or CA will have to pay sales tax (6% & 7.5% respectively), all others will not be charged sales tax.
Or simply is there a UK vendor who will build like spec systems? Would make life easier.

Honestly, that would probably be the easiest thing to do.
---
- Joshua B. Helm
Forefront Technologies, Inc.

Offline Radfoo

• Show only replies by Radfoo
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2003, 11:21:44 PM »
You could try KDH they are in the EU so you will not pay import duty. Prices seem quite good too.

It is probably easiest at the moment to order a board from Eyetech and build it yourself. I had no problems doing this :-) .

Offline TheJackalTopic starter

• Show only replies by TheJackal
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2003, 10:04:28 AM »

by Radfoo on 2003/10/28 23:21:44

You could try KDH they are in the EU so you will not pay import duty. Prices seem quite good too.

It is probably easiest at the moment to order a board from Eyetech and build it yourself. I had no problems doing this  .

I thought about buying one from Eyetech and building myself. I'd only have trouble installing the linux stuff, but since I'm waiting for OS4 that's a mute point. (I hope!). However when I go to Eyetech's site I can't seem to find upto date info. The latest news is end of 2002! Perhaps I'm not looking at the right link/page?

Anyhow I remember seeing somewhere else mentioned that another company/site was dealing with selling AmigaOne stuff for Eyetech. Or am I imagining that? :-?

[edit] monkey mitten hand typing fixed[/edit]

\\"Don\\\'t make me dance,.... You wouldn\\\'t like me when I dance.\\" - The Hulk

Offline JurassicCamper

• Show only replies by JurassicCamper
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2003, 10:40:05 AM »
Give eyetech a ring.
See if they are still dealing.
Apparently some one in brum was supposed to take over as the UK retailer on the 1st of October, but it doesnt appear to have happened yet.
Eyetech will remain the world wide dealer distrubutor.
There is a copy of the Total Amiga article on amigaworld.net.
I imagine Eyetech would only be too happy to sell you one.
As for Linux it can be frustrating and has a steep learning curve but look at it this way at least you'll have another skill under your belt and you never know when that might come in handy.
Plus they're is loads of us now who can offer helping hands.
Come to the Bath show if you want to check out the A1 and OS4.
A1200T PPC 330Mhz in a Custom Modified Fractal Design R3 Case

Offline TheJackalTopic starter

• Show only replies by TheJackal
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2003, 10:46:58 AM »

by JurassicCamper on 2003/10/29 10:40:05

Give eyetech a ring.
See if they are still dealing.
Apparently some one in brum was supposed to take over as the UK retailer on the 1st of October, but it doesnt appear to have happened yet.
Eyetech will remain the world wide dealer distrubutor.
There is a copy of the Total Amiga article on amigaworld.net.
I imagine Eyetech would only be too happy to sell you one.
As for Linux it can be frustrating and has a steep learning curve but look at it this way at least you'll have another skill under your belt and you never know when that might come in handy.
Plus they're is loads of us now who can offer helping hands.
Come to the Bath show if you want to check out the A1 and OS4.

Hmm might look into the Eyetech thing. But most likely after I've seen stuff "in the flesh" as it where. Hence I am planning to go to the Bath show, (barring illness, alien abduction etc:-D)

As for learning Linux, well my head is like a FIFO buffer, the more I shove in one end, the more falls out the other! (example:Just had to relearn my A level maths since I forgot it! Doh!).

\\"Don\\\'t make me dance,.... You wouldn\\\'t like me when I dance.\\" - The Hulk