Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Amiga Scene: I'd like to come back but don't know how!  (Read 2447 times)

Description:

Offline Darth_X

• Show only replies by Darth_X
Re: The Amiga Scene: I'd like to come back but don't know how!
« Reply #14 from previous page: October 26, 2003, 12:42:14 PM »

NeRP wrote:
Kronos "failed" to let you know that the only reason OS4.0 is not available is because Hyperion, the makers of OS4, have decided that Amiga users are *not* going to be their guinea pigs.

SQUEEK SQUEEK!!!

I'm a betatester running OS4.0 on my CyberStormPPC A3000 tower, and on my AmigaOne G4 machine.  It rocks!

NeRP is a guinea pig then? :-D

LOL! !

Offline unclewilli-amigalover

• Show only replies by unclewilli-amigalover
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2003, 04:52:57 PM »
sounds like you've answered your oun question, you have gotton rid of your first love and now want it back, or at least something to replace that feeling. I think I'd wait a few months more and see if os4 hits the market and get input to see if it's whats your looking for, you've spared 13-15 years why not wait a few more months? At this time I would'nt get a classic unless thats what your really looking for, but support A1/os4 when it hits market, it will come.... :-)

Offline NeRP

• Show only replies by NeRP
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2003, 05:51:16 PM »
Yes, just like all MorphOS users.
OS4 Betatester

Offline lempkee

• Show only replies by lempkee
    • http://www.amigaguru.com
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2003, 05:55:46 PM »
fiend: well amiga 1200 is the cheapest new'r amiga, and the latest of em all, only amiga4000 TOWER version came later.

amiga4000 desktop has alot of issues with older games and such (timer problems etc) , it does the job fine but i would recomend an a1200 to all, thats what i use and i am very happy with it (used it since 1992).

amigaone is the new'st amiga , and its ppc only , so old stuff that bangs the hw wont work unless u emulate it via uae etc.

amiga4000 tower (1995) is ofcourse the best choice of all, but its very expensive and costs heaps to upgrade.

amiga 3000 is from 1990/1

amiga 2000 is way older.

hope that helps
Whats up with all the hate!