Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A2386 Bridgeboard help  (Read 757 times)

Description:

A2386 Bridgeboard help
« on: December 30, 2002, 08:38:15 PM »
Do I need to have a pc floppy drive installed in my amiga in order to install software to the bridgeboard?  I can partition a portion of my hardisk and dedicate that to the bridgeboard, but will I be able to transfer files from the amiga side to the pc side that way?

Offline Crumb

• Show only replies by Crumb
    • http://cuaz.sourceforge.net
Re: A2386 Bridgeboard help
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2002, 08:56:44 PM »
No, a floppy drive isn't needed, I have a hardfile and I can access also from pctask...

with my config the hardfile can't be in a hard disk connected to a controller with DMA access. My system also has to boot from an IDE partition. I have the hardfile and the SYS: in an IDE partition.

I can't remember the key used for the setup... create a 10Mb hardfile with the install disks of the bridgeboard and format it and install everything from pctask. Then boot the pc from the bridgeboard and select a 10mb harddrive. That should work. Once you have booted you should check what are the IRQs and addresses of your card (I use a program from realtek for msdos that also allows you to change from half duplex to full duplex etc...), insert the data in the autoexec following the amiga.guide of the etherbridge.device and when everything works remove all the lines of the autoexec but the 2 used by the bridgeboard.
The only spanish amiga news web page/club: Club de Usuarios de Amiga de Zaragoza (CUAZ)