Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Using real Amiga HD with WinUAE  (Read 6052 times)

Description:

Offline Ami_GFX

• Show only replies by Ami_GFX
Re: Using real Amiga HD with WinUAE
« Reply #29 from previous page: June 18, 2007, 05:00:22 AM »
I would try a different case. Some times there are hardware incompatibilities between the IDE to USB interface in the external case and the USB controller on your computer. It could also be a driver issue. I would check to see if there are updated drivers for you computer. You should check the computer makers website. You might find newer USB drivers. And sometimes Windows will install a Microsoft generic driver for the hardware when there are better drivers available for download from the manufacturer.

In any case, it looks like a Windows problem and not a Winuae or Amiga problem.
A2500 owned since 1993 with A2630/DKB 2632, DKB Megachip, GVP EGS Spectrum, A2320 and GVP HC+8 on the inside and a DCTV on the outside. A4000D with CSPPC, Cybervision 64 and a Flicker Magic flicker fixer. A4000T Toaster Flyer & CSMKII. All systems completly retro and classic and mostly used to do geometic art as in my avatar.

Offline Piru

• \' union select name,pwd--
    • Show only replies by Piru
    • http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2007, 07:53:06 AM »
@stefcep
I just installed ubunto 7.04. It does have a partitioning tool which shows up during the installation wizard. I wonder if this might work better than Suse

It won't.

IIRC linux can't initialize (format) affs anyway, so it's a bit pointless to try to initialize the disk with linux.

Offline a3000

• Show only replies by a3000
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2007, 11:21:33 PM »
Great news. I have finally sorted the WinUae "seeing" my amiga drive. The little cable that plugs in the IDE drive in to the USB adapter had a fault in it. Thanks everyone for all the suggestions & help.