Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: SCSI2SD+microSD bundles in stock and ready to ship from USA  (Read 5251 times)

Description:

Offline Matt_H

Re: SCSI2SD+microSD bundles in stock and ready to ship from USA
« on: September 26, 2015, 08:47:25 PM »
Quote from: dschallock;796357
Not to ask a dumb question, but is there any software necessary to make this work or is it literally plug and play in my Amiga 3000?

There is a config tool for Windows/Mac/Linux (the board connects via USB), but I think you only need that if you want to do something fancy or upgrade the firmware. I have two of these boards and just upgraded the firmware in them last night - a bit tricky since I couldn't get the Mac utility to work and ended up having to use the Windows version via a Parallels VM, which didn't behave all that well. Got the job done, though, but I have yet to find the time to actually give these a try in my Amigas!

The developer's homepage is http://www.codesrc.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=SCSI2SD

EDIT: @ aperez

Kudos for offering a listing that benefits UNHCR - I just sent them a check last week.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 08:53:56 PM by Matt_H »

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 01:40:07 AM »
Quote from: padrino;796476
Hi,

what exactely does that mean?
(my English doesn't deassemble that too well :-/)
Thanks.

CU,
padrino

If you buy more than 1, you get a $5 discount.

Hope that helps :)

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 10:28:06 PM »
Quote from: jkonstan;796602
I bought one of these about 9 days ago from http://www.itead.cc/scsi2sd.html .
Anyway that I can get the $5 discount if I buy a 2nd one this week?

That's where I got mine from. There's an important note on the developer's website that the firmware shipped with those boards is defective and needs to be updated. Also, they apparently used a conductive "QC Passed" sticker which should be removed.

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 05:17:57 AM »
@ aperez

Worthwhile clarification, thanks.

@ thread

Another thing to note about these boards is that you can use the firmware to set a fake size for the drive. In other words, if you have an 8GB CF card and a system that can only handle 4GB (or less), just change a setting in the firmware and the unit will present itself to your SCSI host as whatever you set it to, whether that's 4GB or 4MB.