Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wow! C-USA's first commercial.  (Read 24920 times)

Description:

Offline haywirepc

• Show only replies by haywirepc
Re: Wow! C-USA's first commercial.
« Reply #119 on: April 05, 2011, 09:18:05 PM »
I think its interesting that their "ceo" is posting here but has not answered any of the questions raised by this "commercial".

Like did they have the permission from disney legally to use the footage from Tron that they used?

Where will this commercial air except for youtube?

Given their track record of plagerism, stolen graphics, half truths and hype so far, I don't believe they actually secured the rights to use this footage in one of their "commercials" which is certainly made for commercial gain.

Steven

Offline crawff

• Show only replies by crawff
« Reply #120 on: April 05, 2011, 09:19:44 PM »
I wonder how many are online right now...

Offline Kremlar

• Show only replies by Kremlar
« Reply #121 on: April 05, 2011, 09:19:49 PM »
But as to "Are you seriously wondering why Commodore USA can't match the price of an Acer spec for spec", absolutely. Computers are mere commodity items these days. You can attempt to market with unique features, but unless those features offer utility (rather than the intangibles you've mentioned) you're going to have difficulty justifying a price premium.  

I disagree.  Many things allow a company to sell at a price premium.  Aesthetics is one of them.  There are companies out there whose business is selling $200+ computer cases.  Do they really offer any utility above a standard $40 PC clone case?  I'd say no, but nonetheless people do pay a premium for them.

What I don't understand is why so many people on here feel the need to attack Commodore USA's business plan so emotionally.  These same people would rather have Commodore USA invest in AmigaOS 4.x, PowerPC, AROS, whatever... Do these people really think that's a more sound business plan?

Let the market decide.

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #122 on: April 05, 2011, 09:22:18 PM »
Well I'm off to watch some paint dry, much more exiting than waiting for Barry to type something or for my ban to happen (they usually wait till I log off before doing that)... :D

So I guess the next time I try to log in I wont be able to, oh well I've had my fun and said what needed to be said, so ban away chaps... :)

Ta, Ta... ;)

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
« Reply #123 on: April 05, 2011, 09:52:56 PM »
Quote from: digitex;628559
Think about this....the all time record for most users on Amiga.org was 497 on July28,2010, most likley because of a CUSA event. And how many years has this forum been up???
Just what does this tell you?

It tells me that you haven't factored in the obvious point that the current incarnation of the site has only been up a comparatively short time compared to the total lifespan of the site.

And no, "most users online" statistics were not part of the migration dataset when the site moved from xoops to vbulletin.
int p; // A

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
« Reply #124 on: April 05, 2011, 10:01:25 PM »
Quote from: Karlos;628619
It tells me that you haven't factored in the obvious point that the current incarnation of the site has only been up a comparatively short time compared to the total lifespan of the site.

And no, "most users online" statistics were not part of the migration dataset when the site moved from xoops to vbulletin.

True. Now that you mention it, I remember there were somewhere in the ballpark of 1,300 online for the Gary Hare live Q&A.
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
« Reply #125 on: April 05, 2011, 10:10:47 PM »
Quote from: redrumloa;628621
True. Now that you mention it, I remember there were somewhere in the ballpark of 1,300 online for the Gary Hare live Q&A.

I think I remember that one too :)
int p; // A

Offline IggyTopic starter

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #126 on: April 05, 2011, 10:11:03 PM »
Quote from: Kremlar;628605
I disagree.  Many things allow a company to sell at a price premium.  Aesthetics is one of them.  There are companies out there whose business is selling $200+ computer cases.  Do they really offer any utility above a standard $40 PC clone case?  I'd say no, but nonetheless people do pay a premium for them.

What I don't understand is why so many people on here feel the need to attack Commodore USA's business plan so emotionally.  These same people would rather have Commodore USA invest in AmigaOS 4.x, PowerPC, AROS, whatever... Do these people really think that's a more sound business plan?

Let the market decide.

Personally, If I pay a premium for a computer case, it due to features I want not aesthetic appeal. So yes, it had better have an advantage in features or i'm not paying a premium for it.

But I do believe there are people who would buy solely on that basis.

And I don't think that the people that are attacking C=USA would want the company involved in their hobbyist pursuits  either. You're way of base there.

Further, I don't view my statements of personal preference in anyway as an attack.
I think C=USA has a fairly good business plan targeting practical systems that would be of greater use to the average computer user.
Apparently the systems don't appeal to some diehard Amiga fans.
So what? That's little more than a small percentage of their potential market.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline Plaz

« Reply #127 on: April 05, 2011, 10:17:57 PM »
I think I just saw a major ban hammer fall in here between page refreshes.

Plaz

Offline Kremlar

• Show only replies by Kremlar
« Reply #128 on: April 05, 2011, 10:43:20 PM »
And I don't think that the people that are attacking C=USA would want the company involved in their hobbyist pursuits either. You're way of base there.

So what DO they want?

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #129 on: April 05, 2011, 10:46:22 PM »
Quote from: Plaz;628637
I think I just saw a major ban hammer fall in here between page refreshes.

Plaz

What a surprise.

Well, that's this forum totally compromised.
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline Digiman

• Show only replies by Digiman
« Reply #130 on: April 05, 2011, 10:47:27 PM »
Quote from: Kremlar;628657
So what DO they want?

For that price? An i7 processor for a start ;)

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
« Reply #131 on: April 05, 2011, 10:47:43 PM »
Quote from: Kremlar;628657
So what DO they want?

They want to see the complete destruction of the company since the company has "the name" and does not share the same vision as they do for what an "Amiga" should be.
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #132 on: April 05, 2011, 10:52:21 PM »
Quote from: redrumloa;628661
They want to see the complete destruction of the company since the company has "the name" and does not share the same vision as they do for what an "Amiga" should be.

That's bollocks.

It would have been fine to see Commodore products, but the bastardizing of the (still active) Amiga name and the initial conduct of Barry and his minions is where the trouble started.

I guess the last thing Barry wanted was an Amiga site where people were openly questioning his products and motives.  The purge begins...
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline Pyromania

• Sent from my Quantum Computer
    • Show only replies by Pyromania
    • http://www.discreetfx.com
« Reply #133 on: April 05, 2011, 11:16:33 PM »
No purge here.

Offline Digiman

• Show only replies by Digiman
« Reply #134 from previous page: April 05, 2011, 11:19:47 PM »
Quote from: redrumloa;628661

Amiga = 9 pin joystick plug + Paula chip + ability to load 3.5" Amiga game disks

Amiga <> x86 motherboard + emulator required to run any 68k code.

Simple really ;)

Escom went bust due to make believe pricing compared to PCs on sale....Fake C= copied that :roflmao: