Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ADF FILES TO FLOPPY?  (Read 5140 times)

Description:

Offline A4000_Mad

• Show all replies
Re: ADF FILES TO FLOPPY?
« on: March 27, 2007, 11:27:56 PM »

rkauer wrote:
I use Opus 4 (hate the 5.5 style. :headwall:

I use the old faithful Dopus 4 as well. Dopus 5 felt wierd and seemed to be more in control of the Amiga than I was  :-D

Yeah 'ADF-Blitzer' could not be easier to use unless you could tell it what to do through a microphone :lol:

If you want to turn a floppy disk in DF0 into an ADF file you just click on the 'Read' button, navigate to where you want to put the file in your hard drive, type a name for it and click on 'OK'.

To unpack an ADF to floppy you just click on the 'Write' button, navigate to the file in hard drive, click on the files name and click on 'OK'

If you prefer not to type commands then Packmaster is also pretty good. I've just easily unpacked an ADF to floppy disk, a DMS file to RAD (the RAD icon being located in Workbench:Storage/DOSDrivers by the way and appearing on screen as  RAM_0), and unpacked an LHA file to RAM :-)

But I couldn't get Packmaster to unpack an ADF to RAD? So I'll have to give Transadf a go like you then pVC :-)

Oh..... or try diskwiz.

A4000 Mad

A4000 Mad

Offline A4000_Mad

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 04:06:28 PM »

Im just getting the hang of LHA

Personally I've found DirectoryOpus to be great to use. To unpack an LHA file you simply display the file in one window of Dopus, click on it once to highlight it and then click on the button 'EXT LHA'. This unpacks the file to the destination you have chosen in the other Dopus window.

To turn a few drawers and/or files into an LHA file you just highlight them all, hold down the right mouse button and select 'LHA add' from the Fuction menu at the top of the Dopus screen, then just type a name for it in the box.

I do my own packing and unpacking in RAM so as not to risk getting errors on my hard drive. If all works fine in RAM I will then copy the unpacked/packed file to hard drive :-)

A4000 Mad
A4000 Mad

Offline A4000_Mad

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 10:46:38 PM »
Don't mind me but it was on my 'to do' list to do some more checking and report back   :-D

As I said previously, I was unable to use Packmaster to unpack an ADF to RAD. TransADF was the answer as correctly stated by another member. You can download 'TransADF-GUI.lha' from Aminet if you like to use a GUI. But it appears that this can only be used for unpacking to DF0, DF1, DF2 or DF3.

All you need to use TransADF is for the file of the same name to be in the C drawer of your Workbench. With TransADF you can indeed unpack to RAD and also to a virtual floppy drive in your hard drive called VF0 (I used VirtualFloppy v1.4 for the first time myself today 8-))

Anyway, you can use Shell or just hold down the right mouse button and select 'Execute Command' from the menu at the top of your Workbench screen.

Assuming you had an ADF file called PacMan.adf in RAM, the command lines for unpacking it to DF0, RAD and VF0 would be as follows:-

TransADF DRIVE DF0: FILE RAM:PacMan.adf WRITE

TransADF DRIVE RAD: FILE RAM:PacMan.adf WRITE

TransADF DRIVE VF0: FILE RAM:PacMan.adf WRITE

To create an ADF file of a floppy in DF0 using TransADF you would just leave the word WRITE off of the end of the top command line above. In which case the destination for the ADF file would be RAM :-)

I'm outta here  :eek:

A4000 Mad
A4000 Mad