Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: OS/4 OpenLinux  (Read 3726 times)

Description:

Offline nicholas

Re: OS/4 OpenLinux
« on: July 20, 2013, 12:32:31 PM »
Quote from: Methuselas;741381
No, originally, it was some guys that worked on or with the AROS people. Then, they created some sort of fork, but realized they couldn't do what they wanted to do with AROS, so they had this grandiose idea of making an environment that was Amiga OS, but everything under the hood, was linux. That way, all the drivers were linux drivers, it used GL, etc, but it was supposed to feel exactly like running the Amiga OS. I remember remarking how it was similar to Amithlon, in the driver aspect, but like I said, it never went anywhere. I wish I could remember the name......

I came across it on here. I don't and haven't really ever frequented another Amiga site. During the "great purge" where everyone else ran off to create the "perfect Amiga site", I stayed here, with all unwanted. ;)

Two more weeks. ;)
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 01:55:36 PM »
Quote from: wawrzon;741397
anubis had never any chance. but the idea was not completely wrong and.. but i shall keep my mouth..

I'm keeping mine shut too for now. :)
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 12:06:40 AM »
Quote from: Terminills;741419
Days, Weeks, Months, Amiwest?

I wish I had the money to fly over for this years AmiWest, I hear it's going to be the best one ever!

Mind you I don't fancy the colonoscopy by the TSA when I land on US soil because I'm on several lists for being a "ne'er do well Shi'ite Muslim Fundamentalist". Lol

Offline nicholas

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 02:30:10 AM »
Quote from: haywirepc;741443
I saw a video videos on youtube, bears zero resemblence to anything amiga except for the boing ball wallpaper, so I guess I just don't get it.

Its ubuntu with xfce, pretty standard linux. Looks like they took xfce ubuntu and changed the wallpaper and a few things. (yawn)

My KDE setup is more Amiga-like than their POS re-skin.

I have Kens Icons, Click to focus window, double click to raise window, FS-UAE on a separate physical 1080p screen, shared folders between Linux and FS-UAE, AROS-hosted on its own screen, VNC session to my MorphOS machine on a separate screen and I use Kens Icons on the UAE 3.9 emulated machine, AROS hosted session, the MorphOS machine and the KDE desktop.

I should create a live CD of my setup with an installer and sell it as an official Amiga Linux OS4 through Commodore Amiga Iran.

I'm sure it would probably sell more than this crap Ubuntu re-skin, be a more authentic Amiga experience and also it will be legally allowed to use the Commodore Amiga trademark since I own the company and the rights. ;)

Offline nicholas

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 02:45:40 AM »
Quote from: Methuselas;741441
Nice to see we still have things in common. ;P Don't worry..... All that NSA spying is "exaggerated", so the Gov'ment tell us. ;)

When i worked at the Islamic Centre of England in London which is the official centre of the Iranian govt I was followed several times when going to and from the Centre. These people have nothing better to do it seems.

"Islamic" terrorists are 100% Wahabbi Sunnis who blindly follow the violent official doctrine of the USA's best busy Saudi Arabia (or Occupied Hijaz as we refer to it) so quite why they consider Shi'as who are going about their job teaching the less well versed of our community about authentic Islam is a mystery to me.

Anyway back to the topic, OS4 Open Linux is a ridiculous scam. Even Merlancia was a better class of swindle than this pile of ****. Lol

Offline nicholas

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 02:42:52 PM »
Quote from: Argo;741449
Hmmm,  I couldn't find a linux distro called Morph Linux. I smell an opportunity!
Have to hit GIMP and work up a blue Luna Moth logo...

http://www.morphix.org

It's been around for over a decade.