Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ...confused...  (Read 2268 times)

Description:

Offline captainmoomooTopic starter

• Show all replies
...confused...
« on: June 27, 2004, 09:08:31 PM »
Hmmmm, I just saw the prices of Pegasos hardware on www.vesalia.de, and now im in a real fix - i can get a G4/1GHz motherboard for less then 400GBP, while an AmigaOne motherboard is gonna cost me significantly more. The price of the microA1 better be right when it comes out, and its feature-set pretty compelling, or else I will have to sacrifice the fantasy of running AmigaOS 4, and opt for a Pegasos with MorphOS instead...

• Show all replies
Re: ...confused...
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2004, 10:43:50 PM »
thats another thing that concerns me - will OS4 have the software to warrant it being my primary platform for computing? and im talking about modern applications, not old emulated stuff (although im not sure if MorphOS fares too well in this department)

also, iv read in a few places that the amigaone hardware is buggy and does not work well with linux, and any solutions at the moment are simply workarounds. this is important to me, as i would need linux to run properly (as this is the OS that I use primarily now). also, a good linux setup would then allow me to run MacOnLinux

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2004, 11:20:01 PM »
yes, but it wouldnt run any where near as fast as on an amigaone. plus, as im running winuae on a fast pc, i dont need a classic amiga anymore (a towered 1260 which i have since sold)...

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2004, 11:54:06 PM »
I know what you mean Brian, a PC running Amiga software feels almost right, but not totally so...

That's why I've still kept my old A500 (my first ever computer). Although, most of my games work on WinUAE, having the A500 provides me with the reassuring feeling that its still in my life. i know, its weird...

but as far as running OS 3.X is concerned, it runs so much better on a modern PC with WinUAE. The A1260 was just gathering dust because i never used it as it was too slow, so I thought I might as well get as much cash out of it as possible. cash that i could put towards a brand new PPC based Amiga/Pegasos

but now i dnt know. should i wait to see how the market pans out, or should i take the plunge. if i plunge, which way should i jump? amigaone, pegasos, or something else (like a nice new mac)?

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2004, 11:59:23 PM »
...damn, i just realised i started this topic in the wrong section...

sorry!

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2004, 12:20:28 AM »
if Eyetech sell it, then it will definitely be overpriced - their prices lists speak for themselves.

yeah, i know what u mean - i just dont get that - how can you possible justify charging such a high premium for bog standard pc components? i mean, a 80GB hdd for 100GBP?! that is a serious serious joke. i can pick up a nice maxtor 160GB hdd from ebuyer.com for a little over 50pounds plus vat