Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Need Help Identifying Old Game Please  (Read 658 times)

Description:

Offline deckardTopic starter

• Show only replies by deckard
    • http://www.bnault.com
Need Help Identifying Old Game Please
« on: May 26, 2004, 08:37:37 PM »
I have been trying to remember for years a game I played on my A500 long ago and really enjoyed immensely.  I cannot remember even the slightest bit of the title or publisher / designer so I will describe the gameplay as best I can and hopefully someone will recognize it!

Post-apocalyptic setting.  I remember seeing actual USA landmarks throughout the game levels, like the Statue of Liberty, Central Park etc.  Top-down shooter a la Commando.  You fight your way through, tossing grenades and firing in a fashion very similar to Time Pilot, in other words the firing was kind of a 'spray' with the standard weapons.  Many other weapons to pick up though, rockets and such.  I don't remember the plot at all but I know at the end you have to storm a building and finish off the baddies inside.  

TIA on this, whoever can name this one for me will fill in one of my last big blanks from my childhood gaming days!

Offline Kristian

• Show only replies by Kristian
Re: Need Help Identifying Old Game Please
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2004, 02:24:41 PM »
Hi there. Think I know the game, since I have it, but can't check it out for the next couple of weeks. Almost positive that "New York" is part of the title. Maybe New York Warriors?

Kristian

Offline deckardTopic starter

• Show only replies by deckard
    • http://www.bnault.com
Re: Need Help Identifying Old Game Please
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2004, 07:37:01 PM »
YES!  That is absolutely it, thank you!  :-D  
Now if I can just find the image somewhere, dying to play it again!  

More info on New York Warriors.

EDIT - If I ever do come across the image, can someone who's gotten it to run under WinUAE post the config options needed to get it going?

EDIT - This ECS13 config helped a LOT.  Pretty much runs now, just not 100% stable yet but I'm sure a little more tweaking will get it right.  The memories come flooding back with this great game.  

EDIT - Solved!  In case anyone else is having emu trouble with NYW, this CAPS Project UAE config fixed everything for me, game is now 100% playable.  This is definitely one of the best action games ever for the Amiga IMO.