Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Diablo question...  (Read 1049 times)

Description:

Offline Crumb

• Show all replies
    • http://cuaz.sourceforge.net
Re: Diablo question...
« on: April 14, 2004, 03:34:06 PM »
"In other words, I should get ShapeShifter to run Diablo..."

Sorry, but Diablo1&2 and Starcraft require a powermac :-(

You would need a CyberstormPPC with iFusion to make these games run. Diablo1 and Starcraft will probably run fine, but I doubt that you can make Diablo2 run smoothly, it needs quite a lot resources... you would need a g-rex or a Permedia2 to allow it to have enough bandwitch (a mediator or a prometheus don't have as much bandwitch). And even with enough bandwitch you would need the maximum of memory available free, a scsi hard drive (afaik it isn't supported directly by iFusion so you would need a hardfile with lots of buffers), a soundcard (well, in peecee switching off the music helps to speed up the game)... well... I doubt that you'll be able to make it run smoothly even with the minimum resolution of 640x480 and 16bits.

But Diablo1 is a different story and should run well in the CyberstormPPC. Starcraft requires a little more cpu power but it will probably run more or less smoothly. Both games run at 640x480 and 256colours so even a graphic card with a slow Z3 bus like the CV3D may be enough.
The only spanish amiga news web page/club: Club de Usuarios de Amiga de Zaragoza (CUAZ)