Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 4000T Flyer with CF or SD cards  (Read 10836 times)

Description:

Offline Vlabguy1

• Show only replies by Vlabguy1
Re: 4000T Flyer with CF or SD cards
« Reply #14 from previous page: January 05, 2021, 07:19:32 PM »
The Acard SCSI2 to IDE adapter, IDE to CF adapter, and CF card works very well.

Part number, pic, and or source for the Acard SCSI2 to IDE would be great!

Thanks.
Rich

Offline trilobyte

• Show only replies by trilobyte
    • http://aaack.org
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2021, 07:36:54 PM »
Would love to have any/all the CLI flyer tools you've compiled from the open video toaster data.....I would think all Flyer owners would be interested.

OK.  I'll see if there's something I can do about making them available.  Probably throw together a simple web site and/or GitHub project.

Amiga user since \'96, when I could finally afford one
Commodore 8-bit since before I could tie my shoes

Offline Pyromania

• Sent from my Quantum Computer
    • Show only replies by Pyromania
    • http://www.discreetfx.com
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2021, 01:07:34 AM »
I wasn't previously aware of an HQ6 mode. I suspect my board isn't capable of it but is there a way to test?

I'm probably mixing up my stories here, so please forgive me if this is a muddled mess.  My memories are coming from some deep dives into NewTekniques and Video Toaster User, as well as combing through the Flyer source code, as recently as last year.

I believe there was another step above HQ5 that was present in the source code which was released.  I believe it was going to be a UI toggle just like HQ5, probably made available after fast enough hard drives were available and tested by NewTek.

If memory serves, it's totally plausible that some of the tools included by the source code release would allow someone to record in this better-than-HQ5 format.  But I'd have to go back and repeat some of the research I did last year to really verify, so I'm sorry if this post is misleading or wrong.

Over the years, I've been able to compile the majority (all?) of the CLI Flyer tools from the Open Video Toaster release.  I don't know if that interests anybody.

It interests me. Please share your re-compiles of the CLI Flyer tools so I can add them to the Open Video Toaster website.

Offline Mediasig

• Living in the past and making the future.
    • Show only replies by Mediasig
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2021, 05:04:04 AM »

I'd love to know what parameters you're using in SCSI2SD to get this working.

I don't have my system up at the moment, but I seem to remember using default on the SCSI2SD to make it work.  I would try all kinds of combinations before the SD card combination suggested in my photos.  Then it worked with just the defaults, and I stopped trying anything else.

Also, regarding HQ6.  I have the Millenium software package that includes many tools and add-ons written for the Flyer.  One included a digitizer that allowed for the selection of HQ6.  I tried a capture with it, but I got scrambled video (with audio if I remember correctly).  So, I just assumed maybe my board couldn't handle it.  Perhaps it can and maybe my SD card setup isn't fast enough.  Would be great to find out more.

Cheers,
Greg