Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MorphOS noob. School me!  (Read 27244 times)

Description:

Offline zylesea

• Show all replies
    • http://www.via-altera.de
Re: MorphOS noob. School me!
« on: September 26, 2014, 11:41:06 PM »
Quote from: Heiroglyph;773959
Yeah, no pun intended, huh? :lol:

Is there any benefit to picking up something like CubicIDE or is that even the best option?

I'm planning to write things for both MorphOS and Amiga 68k if that matters and I prefer vbcc over gcc where possible.

I think Scribble from the SDK is at least on par with Cubic for writing C/C++. Cubic is very customizable though and has many nice features, too. But it also has some odd things (it's not MUI, uses a non ASL-File requester) and actually using all the configuration options is quite some work. Nevertheless I still like Cubic and use it pretty much. But I wouldn't miss it much if wiped out from my hdd since Scribble got released (bought Cubic ages ago when there was no MorphOS included editor), hence am using it more out of a habbit. Also I am not doing that much in C++ but more with Hollywood and for that Cubic has a brilliant plug in which Scribble hasn't.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 11:47:17 PM by zylesea »

Offline zylesea

• Show all replies
    • http://www.via-altera.de
Re: MorphOS noob. School me!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 09:46:41 PM »
My suggestion is a Powerbook 1.67 GHz with 1.5 GB RAM.
It's a pretty nice maschine: well supported, small, silent, mobile, energy efficient, rather slick looking (depends on how careful the previous owner was, my Powerbook looks as good as if it came straight ot of the box) and pretty fast.
The non support of the R300 for W3D is the only downer i am aware of, but there's not much W3D stuff which cannot be replaced. For example the already mentioned WO2097 is said to run even better in FPSE emulator than the WarpOS version.