Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Chrysalis pack not found?  (Read 2802 times)

Description:

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show all replies
Re: Chrysalis pack not found?
« on: February 18, 2014, 11:48:58 AM »
Quote from: AmigaFreak;759084
Hey guys,

I'm finally registering MorphOS as a gift for my birthday from my family. (I turn another year older on the 27th). I want to download the latest Chrysalis pack ISO but when I go to the page to download it, I get a 404 Page not found. Is there a mirror somewhere? - Or can someone send it to me somehow or post it on a filesharing site?

Thnx

Josh

Happy Birthday (soon)! :)

The Chrysalis pack is put together for specific MorphOS versions. For example, you do a fresh/clean install of MorphOS 3.4 and then you install Chrysalis 3.4.1 (don't know why he's adding a trailing .1, but that's the version numbering scheme that papiosaur has chosen) directly on top of that clean MorphOS install before you do anything else.

Because of the ties between Chrysalis and specific MorphOS release versions, it usually takes some time after a MorphOS release before papiosaur has finished putting together a new pack for that version.

For example, MorphOS 3.4 was released 14th December, and Chrysalis 3.4.1 was released the 24th, so that time it took 10 days. I suppose it could be more, could be less, it probably depends a bit on papiosaur's amount of time available for his MorphOS hobby at different times.

MorphOS 3.5 was released just the other day. So I'd say we should be patient and wait for a week or two, while keeping an eye on MorphZone.info and other places for news about its release!

:)
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show all replies
Re: Chrysalis pack not found?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 09:14:29 AM »
Quote from: vox;759348
Hello all,

this is a link to Chrysalis pack 3.5.1beta-test version for MorphOS 3.5.1:

http://www.meta-morphos.org/download...3.5.1_beta.iso

Thanks Papiosaur!

:)

My opinion: Hope in future MOS will be DVD integrated with this pack and having some best 3rd parties and game demos

Chrysalis is a nice package — for those who wants it, which isn't everyone! Some people likes to configure their systems in a personal way according to their own preferences. With Chrysalis you get a lot of SW (some you want/need, some you don't) and a lot of help with installing it and settings/configuration etc, but everything is according to Papiosaur's preferences.

I think it's good the way it is — keep MorphOS itself as lean and clean as possible, and then provide Chrysalis as an option on top of that for those who prefer this way of quickly and easy build a usable system. :)

Ideally, it should have all be handled through Grunch though, IMHO...
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)