Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Will MorphOS register?  (Read 2287 times)

Description:

Offline AmigaFreakTopic starter

• Show only replies by AmigaFreak
Will MorphOS register?
« on: December 11, 2013, 02:05:36 AM »
My eMac's backup battery seems to be dead, will MorphOS still register and STAY registered with this issue? That is the only thing keeping me from registering.
-- Joshua E. Horn

"Um... I think my computer let out the blue smoke! What should I do?!?!?"

Offline matt3k

Re: Will MorphOS register?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 03:30:06 AM »
Yes,  it will.

The key file will be copied to your HD, the battery is only used to keep time when you turn the computer off.

I would recommend that you set the time before you load the email program.  Simplemail will not download new mail on my PB if the time isn't set.

Enjoy...

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 03:33:01 AM »
In the unlikely event something does go wrong, it looks like replacing the battery is easy. The MorphOS guys are very helpful with these kinds of issues on the mailing list as well.

Offline Lizard

• Show only replies by Lizard
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 10:12:48 AM »
AFAIK, the battery issue only causes issues on an Efika board, where the MAC address of the NIC is stored in memory which is powered by the battery.

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show only replies by takemehomegrandma
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 10:12:57 AM »
Also, keep in mind that licenses are hardcoded to individual computers and can not be transfered. So if you like MorphOS, and you like your eMac and think this is the best HW option for you, then go ahead. If you think some other HW will suit you better, you might think of getting that and register MorphOS on that one instead. But of course it's also very possible to have more than one licenses...

;)
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)