Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Iridium Banner AMIStore App Store A1200/A600 4xIDE Interface

AuthorTopic: Public release of MorphOS 3.2  (Read 18999 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline nicholas

Re: Public release of MorphOS 3.2
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2013, 05:14:59 PM »
Quote from: hbarcellos;736193
Someone can confirm me if this card works with my Powerbook:

http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-476106913-adaptador-wireless-108mbps-placa-pcmcia-d-link-dwl-g650-_JM


If this is a rev B or C then it might work with the atheros5000.device driver.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini
 

Offline billt

Re: Public release of MorphOS 3.2
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2013, 05:41:42 PM »
Quote from: zylesea;736107
MorphOS 3.2 is out. And the update is simply massive!
Support for G5s, more Powerbooks, g4 ibooks and R300 3D-support are highlights at the hardware side, a new netstack (much faster!) and many, many more improvements, additions are part of this free update.

Read the release notes: http://www.morphos-team.net/releasenotes/3.2


Sounds like it's finally time to get my LCD fixed for my A1134 iBook, and find a new battery for it.
Bill T
All Glory to the Hypnotoad!
 

Offline billt

Re: Public release of MorphOS 3.2
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2013, 12:17:47 AM »
Quote
iBook & PowerBook:

    Turn on the PowerBook.
    In order to eject a previously inserted disc from your optical drive, press and hold your left mouse button during the reboot or power on process.
    Insert the MorphOS CD immediately while holding the 'C' key.
    If the notebook does not boot MorphOS or it has already booted another operating system, reboot and press and hold the 'C' key immediately after the welcome chime. Alternatively you can press and hold the Alt key to get to the Powerbook's boot menu.
    MorphOS will now start booting. Once it is done booting, follow the on screen
    instructions.


Left Mouse Button? It's a Mac. Uhh... :p
Bill T
All Glory to the Hypnotoad!
 

Offline takemehomegrandma

Re: Public release of MorphOS 3.2
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2013, 12:27:49 AM »
Quote from: billt;736235
Left Mouse Button? It's a Mac. Uhh... :p


I was recently instructed by a 7-year old that there is actually a 4-finger sweep mode on the IPad! And it actually turned out to be kind of useful... ;)
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)
 

Offline Colani1200

Re: Public release of MorphOS 3.2
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2013, 03:42:08 PM »
Quote from: stevee617;736174
ciVic: This supported G5 is a PowerMac G5 7,3 (A1047). It may work on a 7,2, make sure you have an supported ATI video card.


Mine has a 9600 Pro, which is supposed to be supported. But I also get a blank screen only, just like ciVic. Bad luck, seems MorphOS doesn't work on the 7,2.
 

Offline Duce

  • Off to greener pastures
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Posts: 1699
  • Total likes: 0
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
Re: Public release of MorphOS 3.2
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2013, 04:20:12 PM »
Supports the built in wifi on all the compatible laptops now, I assume?
 

Offline nicholas

Re: Public release of MorphOS 3.2
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2013, 04:24:16 PM »
Quote from: Duce;736476
Supports the built in wifi on all the compatible laptops now, I assume?


No, that needs a bcm4138.device to be written.

I'm using a Netgear WG511T PCCard for now and it works very well.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini
 

Offline Duce

  • Off to greener pastures
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Posts: 1699
  • Total likes: 0
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
Re: Public release of MorphOS 3.2
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2013, 07:46:45 PM »
Thanks for the reply, Nicholas.  Any eta on that particular device driver?

Had a ppc mac laptop sitting here for ages, but it's essentially a doorstop to me without the inbuilt wifi working.  I've tried an add on card.  Wifi works fine with that obviously, but battery life falls right apart.  It's not an option on a portable machine to me as I have very limited access to mains power on portable machines.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 09:55:36 PM by Duce »
 

Offline mykrowyre

Re: Public release of MorphOS 3.2
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2013, 10:13:49 PM »
How do I upgrade my 3.1  mac mini to 3.2?  I can't seem to be able to burn an iso from MorphoOs, I can't boot from a thumb drive because the mac won't boot from a USB device which is not OSX...

Ideas?
 

Offline nicholas

Re: Public release of MorphOS 3.2
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2013, 10:34:43 PM »
Quote from: Duce;736494
Thanks for the reply, Nicholas.  Any eta on that particular device driver?

Had a ppc mac laptop sitting here for ages, but it's essentially a doorstop to me without the inbuilt wifi working.  I've tried an add on card.  Wifi works fine with that obviously, but battery life falls right apart.  It's not an option on a portable machine to me as I have very limited access to mains power on portable machines.


I get at least 2 hrs battery life under heavy use (Compiling C, surfing tbe net, reading PDFs etc) with the PCCard and when I used an Ethernet WiFi dongle I got about the same. With light use I get more.

Not sure when the Broadcom driver will be released, maybe with 3.3?
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini
 

Offline nicholas

Re: Public release of MorphOS 3.2
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2013, 10:47:08 PM »
Quote from: mykrowyre;736508
How do I upgrade my 3.1  mac mini to 3.2?  I can't seem to be able to burn an iso from MorphoOs, I can't boot from a thumb drive because the mac won't boot from a USB device which is not OSX...

Ideas?


Download the 3.2 iso to your DH1: partition.
Boot the Mac from your old 3.1/3.0 CD.
Rename DH1:MorphOS to DH1:MorphOS_3.1
Rename DH0:boot.img to DH0:boot.img_3.1
Double click the morphos-3.2.iso you saved to DH1:
Drag the MorphOS folder to DH1:
Double click the macppc32 folder and drag boot.img to DH0:
Eject CD.
Reboot
Profit! :)

ps To burn an iso from MorphOS you just need to right click the .iso file and click Burn.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 10:50:34 PM by nicholas »
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini
 

Offline mykrowyre

Re: Public release of MorphOS 3.2
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2013, 01:51:52 AM »
Quote from: nicholas;736511
Download the 3.2 iso to your DH1: partition.
Boot the Mac from your old 3.1/3.0 CD.
Rename DH1:MorphOS to DH1:MorphOS_3.1
Rename DH0:boot.img to DH0:boot.img_3.1
Double click the morphos-3.2.iso you saved to DH1:
Drag the MorphOS folder to DH1:
Double click the macppc32 folder and drag boot.img to DH0:
Eject CD.
Reboot
Profit! :)

ps To burn an iso from MorphOS you just need to right click the .iso file and click Burn.


AAhhhh that's just embarassing.  I didn't know you could just right click and choose burn.

Thanks for the info on both methods... have archived it away just in case I need it again.
 

Offline billt

Re: Public release of MorphOS 3.2
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2013, 02:21:08 AM »
Quote from: nicholas;736511

ps To burn an iso from MorphOS you just need to right click the .iso file and click Burn.


Again with the left or right clicking on a Mac. Does MOS follow the ctrl-click for right-click tradition? or is there something different in MOS?
Bill T
All Glory to the Hypnotoad!
 

Offline nicholas

Re: Public release of MorphOS 3.2
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2013, 04:15:40 AM »
Quote from: billt;736530
Again with the left or right clicking on a Mac. Does MOS follow the ctrl-click for right-click tradition? or is there something different in MOS?


Two finger tap on the track pad for right click, my Apple Magic Mouse has 5 buttons, I don't think Apple have sold mice with only one button for about 7 or 8 years at least.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini
 

Offline LoadWB

Re: Public release of MorphOS 3.2
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2013, 05:09:00 PM »
I have an iBook G3 and a Titanium G4.  What's the MorphOS support position for these?  I'd been holding on to the G4 for a future MorphOS release, and I'm thinking I just need to jettison the G3.