Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Whdload games not working.  (Read 2378 times)

Description:

Offline AmigaClassicRuleTopic starter

• Show only replies by AmigaClassicRule
Whdload games not working.
« on: February 06, 2012, 03:46:12 AM »
I am having a little issue here. I have WHDLOAD version 17.2 here, I have all the correct kickstart version installed and everything but every time when I double click the game to play it, all I get is a black screen and nothing else is working. In some games I get the introduction or flash screen of the game and then black screen and nothing else happens. Plus I cannot quit the whdload game and I am forced to restart the entire Amiga system over and over.

I do not know what to do. I tried the game Settler, I tried Reunion, I tried x-it, and all of them give me the same result.

I have the worst expansion card in the world I know, it is an Apollo 1240 which is equal to 68030 with 16 MB of Fast RAM. I do not know what to do in terms of getting the games working in my A1200. My A1200 is PAL version by the way, any help would be greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Offline bbond007

• Show only replies by bbond007
Re: Whdload games not working.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 04:09:19 AM »
Quote from: AmigaClassicRule;679472
I have the worst expansion card in the world I know, it is an Apollo 1240 which is equal to 68030 with 16 MB of Fast RAM. I do not know what to do in terms of getting the games working in my A1200. My A1200 is PAL version by the way, any help would be greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Try and make sure you have the best 68040 library installed for your card. I really don't know what you need for a Apollo.

I can't recall one whdload that that worked on my 030 that quit when I upgraded to 060. When one does not work the usual suspect is Subway or Miami.

I don't believe you that the Apollo is that bad. I heard they don't have the same build quality as some of the others, but if anything I have read they are faster. If you insists it runs like an 030 I'll by happy trade you one of my spare 030 40mhz boards.

Offline amiga1260

• Show only replies by amiga1260
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 04:20:46 AM »
Change your maxtransfer value to 00x1fe00 and try again. You can change it with HDToolbox.

Maybe this manual will help you:

http://www.amigascene.nl/modules/artikelen/docs/igame-AMO-v1_2.pdf

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 05:04:07 AM »
Quote from: bbond007;679473
Try and make sure you have the best 68040 library installed for your card. I really don't know what you need for a Apollo.

I can't recall one whdload that that worked on my 030 that quit when I upgraded to 060. When one does not work the usual suspect is Subway or Miami.

I don't believe you that the Apollo is that bad. I heard they don't have the same build quality as some of the others, but if anything I have read they are faster. If you insists it runs like an 030 I'll by happy trade you one of my spare 030 40mhz boards.

Wait a second!! Here! I have Subway alright. So you are saying my Subway is causing compatibility issue with WHDLOAD? How do I fix this issue and still have subway, thanks in advance?

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 05:19:21 AM »
Quote from: bbond007;679473
..... If you insists it runs like an 030 I'll by happy trade you one of my spare 030 40mhz boards.

I just wanted to clarify something to you, do not be fooled by the actual name of the card. This is one card that does not follow the conventional name. It is ACTUALLY a 68030 card, not a 68040 card.

http://amiga-hardware.com/showhardware.cgi?HARDID=127

See this is the card that I have, just so you know. The qualities of Apollo is way inferior to that of Blizzard series, I am noticing it from hand on experience. Blizzard series are more durable, better and more reliable in my opinion...but putting aside the apollo bashing communication I am being informed that the actual problem is my Subway, it is causing a problem with whdload...how do I fix this? Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 05:21:46 AM by AmigaClassicRule »

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 05:20:39 AM »
Quote from: AmigaClassicRule;679477
Wait a second!! Here! I have Subway alright. So you are saying my Subway is causing compatibility issue with WHDLOAD? How do I fix this issue and still have subway, thanks in advance?

It has to do with hardware interrupts. USB and network cards send them out and the custom hardware-banging nature of WHDLoad can't handle them. Just take Poseidon and your TCP/IP stack offline before running something in WHDLoad. If I'm not mistaken, the current WHDLoad includes scripts to do just that automatically when you start a game, and to bring them back online when the game quits.

Make sure those scripts are enabled in S:WHDLoad.prefs (and make sure you have them and that the right commands are in them!).

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 05:23:08 AM »
Quote from: AmigaClassicRule;679479
I just wanted to clarify something to you, do not be fooled by the actual name of the card. This is one card that does not follow the conventional name. It is ACTUALLY a 68030 card, not a 68040 card.

See this is the card that I have, just so you know.

That's a DKB 1240, not an Apollo 1240. :) The Apollo 1240s really do have 040s onboard.

Offline bbond007

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 06:00:20 AM »
Quote from: Matt_H;679480
It has to do with hardware interrupts. USB and network cards send them out and the custom hardware-banging nature of WHDLoad can't handle them. Just take Poseidon and your TCP/IP stack offline before running something in WHDLoad. If I'm not mistaken, the current WHDLoad includes scripts to do just that automatically when you start a game, and to bring them back online when the game quits.

Make sure those scripts are enabled in S:WHDLoad.prefs (and make sure you have them and that the right commands are in them!).

I created icons to start and stop Poseidon. I don't even boot with it enabled. Why have my 060 run 15% slower if i don't need to access USB..

Offline bbond007

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 06:03:53 AM »
Quote from: AmigaClassicRule;679479

That's not a bad card I don't think. I know I had a DKB cobra and it was OK. I don't know why you call it an Apollo though...

Offline Bamiga2002

• Show only replies by Bamiga2002
    • http://rutinskiband.net
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 07:24:38 AM »
Quote from: AmigaClassicRule;679472
I am having a little issue here. I have WHDLOAD version 17.2 here...
OK OK, now where did you get that version? There is only 17.1beta in the WHDLoad-page...
CD32
A500

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 06:33:54 PM »
Quote from: Bamiga2002;679490
OK OK, now where did you get that version? There is only 17.1beta in the WHDLoad-page...

I think it's a second release of 17.1beta, hence the confusion.