Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: RTG Patch for Alien Breed 3D II TKG (in WinUAE)  (Read 1601 times)

Description:

Offline StevenJGoreTopic starter

• Show only replies by StevenJGore
RTG Patch for Alien Breed 3D II TKG (in WinUAE)
« on: January 13, 2004, 03:46:52 PM »
Has anybody successfully managed to load Alien Breed 3D II TKG using the RTG patch (which can be downloaded from Aminet here) in WinUAE? Or on a proper Amiga, for that matter?

The readme says:

"To run it just run it instead of your normal TKG file, all assigns and TKG datafiles must be in place, like Doom this is just the executable. Rename TKG to TKG-old and rename tkgrtg to TKG, do not run any of the speedup patches people have created, I've heard they don't work with this. You need RTG Master, AHI and 18mb ram minimum I'm told, and on a Cyberstorm 060 with a Cybervision3D setup it can apparently get 24fps.

but despite having all the requirements, no luck. The reason I'm wanting to use the RTG patch in the first place is because although WinUAE is plenty fast enough, I'm assuming that AB3DII will run in better screenmodes? Or was the RTG patch purely for speed purposes, in which case WinUAE makes it uneccessary?

Offline xeron

• Show only replies by xeron
    • http://www.petergordon.org.uk
Re: RTG Patch for Alien Breed 3D II TKG (in WinUAE)
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2004, 03:54:05 PM »
It worked on my A4000 a loooong time ago (probably when I had my CV64/3D). It wasn't too stable, but I remember it did run and was much, much faster.
Playstation Network ID: xeron6

Offline mahen

• Show only replies by mahen
    • http://mahen.free.fr
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2004, 04:36:21 PM »
it works on MorphOS/Pegasos with this patch (but it's not too stable either) so it should work everywhere :)

- mahen

--
Pegasos II G4 1 ghz + MOS 1.4

Offline CU_AMiGA

• Show only replies by CU_AMiGA
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2004, 02:13:15 PM »
A word of advice. Don't build your hopes up on this AB3D2 RTG patch. It is very unstable (as said) and the graphics are glitchy. Stick to the AGA one.

Regards,
A1200D / AGA / B1260 / 64MB RAM / KS 3.1 / AOS 3.9 / 4GB HD