Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Realtime FW DVcam grab and display on MacMiniG4/MorphOS  (Read 7665 times)

Description:

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: Realtime FW DVcam grab and display on MacMiniG4/MorphOS
« on: October 06, 2010, 01:44:28 PM »
Quote from: Yomgui;583004
Hello everyone. It's my first post on a.org! cool  :drink:

Apple has not removed any software or hardware supports.
Even thirdparties applications also (all video sw support Apple FW).
See the latest MacMini : it's supposed to be the low-end of Apple's computer and have everything

http://images.apple.com/macmini/images/features_portdiagram_20100615.jpg

Only constructors of "media for the mass" want to bury it, due to the simple reason of the extra cost of a 1394 bridge in the HW design.
Furthermore, supporting 2 kinds of external ports is really a mess for some devices... and specially when purpose is the same (I don't care about efficiency here). See the removal of FW port inside the iPod serie for ex.

Then second reason: USB is an Intel idea, the one that drives modern computer designs. It's normal that they don't want seeing FW dominate the market.

:laughing: I've also a good sens of humour.. I'm going to demonstrate it:

Good! Just need to wait 20 years and maybe have an OS4.56 support :mickeymouse:
... or not

What're missing camera capabilities?
For sure FW cameras are not designed to be a phone!

Final notes:
I'm really proud to have make this stack. Now MorphOS has it. Used or not... It has it, it works. What else?

Now I think I'll work on a simple video editor (something less complex than Blender).

Note: Blender 2.52 on Mos works now to edit and save videos. I've just to sync the code because my current svn sync uses an old FFMPEG api.

Welcome to Amiga.org Yomgui!  It used to be a very friendly and positive place to hang out, but there are a few members that now feel that they need to crap in almost every thread with their negative opinions and random facts thrown in to make them feel smart, or important.

Congratulations on your latest work on the FW stack.  It is a valuable software work that will be used by many users, like myself.

I look forward to your next project.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)