Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Iridium Banner AMIStore App Store A1200/A600 4xIDE Interface

AuthorTopic: Classic AGA Users - Beta Testers required  (Read 2024 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline NovaCoder

Classic AGA Users - Beta Testers required
« on: October 28, 2009, 03:12:57 AM »
See this thread for details.

Of particular interest to me:

Does it work?
Does it work on 3.1?
Does it work on an 060?

The game runs in AGA's VGA mode so it would be cool if someone with a basic RGB to VGA Adapter could give it a go (assuming your monitor syncs that low of course).  I sold my adapter when I got my Indivision so I can't test it ;)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 03:15:27 AM by NovaCoder »
Life begins at 100 MIPS!


Nice Ports on AmiNet!
 

Offline Vulture

Re: Classic AGA Users - Beta Testers required
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 09:44:45 AM »
At least on my PPC/060 it works fine with sound, but I have to boot without startup-sequence, otherwise it freezes at the first frame of the intro. Also, is there a way to turn on the subtitles? I can't seem to find a way in-game to open the options. Obviously I'm missing something very apparent here.... Anyway, great work man!
 

Offline ddniUK

Re: Classic AGA Users - Beta Testers required
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 09:47:00 AM »
Big thanks to Novacoder for sticking with this project!

I have the same crash as Vulture on my 060 BPPC system. Must now go try it with No SS.
 

Offline doctorq

Re: Classic AGA Users - Beta Testers required
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 11:37:15 AM »
@NovaCoder

It works fine here on my BPPC 040 through BVision and OS3.9. It ran straight away, without crashing when running the intro. Only thing is the text is speedy, even after pressing right shift + g :-(

The speed of text seems right when running on BPPC 040 through RGB with PAL monitor driver and OS3.1 and BlazeWCP. Only problem is that the music has finished playing before the intro is over (again in normal mode). Never having played the original game, I don't know if you should have music during the whole intro or not.

But other than that; GREAT WORK!
 

Offline ddniUK

Re: Classic AGA Users - Beta Testers required
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 01:17:24 PM »
doctorq, how did you get the text to display?
 

Offline doctorq

Re: Classic AGA Users - Beta Testers required
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 03:00:52 PM »
@ddniUK

All I did was to use unarc to unpack the archive, set up an assign for the additional libs drawer, and then launch tentacle.exe and the text came up.
 

Offline Skippy

Re: Classic AGA Users - Beta Testers required
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 03:20:00 PM »
Quote from: NovaCoder;527540


Of particular interest to me:

Does it work?)
No.

"MultiSync + VGA Only" limited game audience? Perhaps a pre-game menu system to configure and adjust best-according for User.

Tested using a1200 setup for 72hz Productivity VGA, 68030@50 32MB, game is running but no visual. All monitor drivers installed.

Your visual parameters must be >15 <=29kHz. Hence Multisync AND VGA.
Squareroot of all fluffiness.
 

Offline amigadave

  • Lifetime Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jul 2004
  • Posts: 3836
  • Total likes: 0
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: Classic AGA Users - Beta Testers required
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 05:36:55 PM »
I would be glad to test it for you on my A1200 w/060.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)
 

Offline NovaCoder

Re: Classic AGA Users - Beta Testers required
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 08:09:10 PM »
Quote from: doctorq;527570
@NovaCoder

It works fine here on my BPPC 040 through BVision and OS3.9. It ran straight away, without crashing when running the intro. Only thing is the text is speedy, even after pressing right shift + g :-(

The speed of text seems right when running on BPPC 040 through RGB with PAL monitor driver and OS3.1 and BlazeWCP. Only problem is that the music has finished playing before the intro is over (again in normal mode). Never having played the original game, I don't know if you should have music during the whole intro or not.

But other than that; GREAT WORK!


Hiya,

I think you installed the old version....try this one instead Underground Arcade
Life begins at 100 MIPS!


Nice Ports on AmiNet!
 

Offline NovaCoder

Re: Classic AGA Users - Beta Testers required
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 08:10:22 PM »
Quote from: Vulture;527563
At least on my PPC/060 it works fine with sound, but I have to boot without startup-sequence, otherwise it freezes at the first frame of the intro. Also, is there a way to turn on the subtitles? I can't seem to find a way in-game to open the options. Obviously I'm missing something very apparent here.... Anyway, great work man!


My version has had the subtitles disabled for now, will be an option in the next release ;)
Life begins at 100 MIPS!


Nice Ports on AmiNet!
 

Offline NovaCoder

Re: Classic AGA Users - Beta Testers required
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2009, 08:12:54 PM »
Quote from: Skippy;527594
No.

"MultiSync + VGA Only" limited game audience? Perhaps a pre-game menu system to configure and adjust best-according for User.

Tested using a1200 setup for 72hz Productivity VGA, 68030@50 32MB, game is running but no visual. All monitor drivers installed.

Your visual parameters must be >15 <=29kHz. Hence Multisync AND VGA.


It it's only coded to use VGA mode by default, if it can't find those monitor drivers it will just use the next closest mode on your system ;)

Strange that it wouldn't work for you though?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 10:22:03 PM by NovaCoder »
Life begins at 100 MIPS!


Nice Ports on AmiNet!
 

Offline doctorq

Re: Classic AGA Users - Beta Testers required
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2009, 10:38:28 PM »
Quote from: NovaCoder;527609
Hiya,

I think you installed the old version....try this one instead Underground Arcade


Well, didn't bother to look through the whole thing, so I just startet looking for a link, and the first one had files with DOTT for Amiga, so I figured it was the one to go for. Anyway, it works for me :-)

I'll try the ones you linked to tomorrow and report back.

What's the big difference between the first I downloaded and the new ones (besides the lack of subtitles in the latter)?
 

Offline NovaCoder

Re: Classic AGA Users - Beta Testers required
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2009, 10:59:34 PM »
Quote from: doctorq;527619
Well, didn't bother to look through the whole thing, so I just startet looking for a link, and the first one had files with DOTT for Amiga, so I figured it was the one to go for. Anyway, it works for me :-)

I'll try the ones you linked to tomorrow and report back.

What's the big difference between the first I downloaded and the new ones (besides the lack of subtitles in the latter)?


Mine is based on the same port as the other version.  I've redone the music/sfx (added MIDI playback) + fixed the game speed plus a few speedups & bug fixes.
Life begins at 100 MIPS!


Nice Ports on AmiNet!
 

Offline Mr_Byte

Re: Classic AGA Users - Beta Testers required
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2009, 04:28:28 PM »
Thank you for this nice port. This works perfectly on my machine. I`m home from work because i`m sick today, so it is nice to just relaxe under the plaid and playing DOTT on the amiga :)

My spec are:
A1200 OS3.9
Blizzard 1230 50mhz 64mb
Indivision AGA 1200
Pegasos2 G4 1Ghz, 1GB ram, Radeon 9200 256mb