Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MorphOS2.4 Efika install problems  (Read 15876 times)

Description:

Offline bbond007

• Show all replies
Re: MorphOS2.4 Efika install problems
« on: November 08, 2009, 02:54:28 AM »
Quote from: Kronos;527217
ARexx-Filegrabber for OWB  ??

May it be that I again missed something ?

The only thing I know is tubexx, a semi-standalone script for YouTube which can be found on Aminet.
Note, you will need a full ARexx-installation for it (requires files from AmigaOS-disk) and a few other things (the script will tell you what is missing). Intregrating it OWB ? Should be possible, never tried.

I have getvideo for OWB which allows you to snag videos off of youtube, myspace, etc... never cold get tubexx working due to "codesets.library".

Frank, sorry you had so many problems with the efika! I had no idea the battery was failing.

As far as booting the installer image, I found that the firmware is extremely picky about the USB stick. Some smaller cheaper 4gb sticks(Ultra - Tiger Direct brand)  I had simply would act like they are loading the firmware but would fail, but finally I tried a 16gb cosair survivor and it was more reliable. You could tell it was working better as the "\", "-". "/" cursor moved faster as smoother.

Sorry I was not of more help, but I went on that little (2 week) vacation in Hawaii as your HD was arriving.

Anyway, glad it sounds like you are finally up and running!

-nate

Offline bbond007

• Show all replies
Re: MorphOS2.4 Efika install problems
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 03:10:35 AM »
Quote from: zylesea;528209
Only downside is that the audio output still is not acceptable (I hear every gfx and hdd operation in the audo output). But I fear there is something defective in the analoge filter of my Efika. I tinkered a lot around with it, so I wouldn't be too surprised about a little damage.

Did you try the digital output? I found that there was less bus noise vrom the video however the audio still had occasional popping and such (in mplayer mostly) due to the fact that the efika only supports a fixed 48KHZ audio audio rate.