Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Song recognition algorithm  (Read 6082 times)

Description:

Offline GreggBz

• Show all replies
    • http://www.outerspacecrew.net
Re: Song recognition algorithm
« on: September 14, 2003, 05:39:11 PM »
Regardless of any ideas to prohibit file shareing and copy protection, the brute force of technology will negate any technique. Sorry, now I’m going to get all political! Thats inevitable for any thread with file sharing in it.

You do know it's still possible to make a copy of a music CD. In fact, that's really easy. What artist do you hear complaining about people burning copies of there latest album and giving to their neiborghs and schoolmates?  But file sharing is in vogue, and people like to break the law a little bit and then brag about it. Not so much because it’s convenient. If universities started cracking down on illegal file sharing, well that would alleviate about 50 percent of this non-sense. If an artists does not wish their music to be boinged around the internet then they have EVERY RIGHT. But I’ll embrace any artist that embraces the technology. So God Speed to the music industry. I hope they reprimand every person who’s stealed and lied, not just a little bit either, but because it was cool and they thought they could get away with it. It doesn’t matter if they thought it the law was stupid. A lot of people think drunk driving laws are stupid too.  

Think about all of the work that Amiga software developers invested making games and software. I’m a beginning software developer, and I can’t imagine the creativity, work and effort that went into making some of those amazing games that I pirated in the late eighties. Music is no different. Most artist work hard for years and from a very early age before they “make it” Well, shame on me for stealing those great games. But now I know better, so shame on every one else!!