Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hidden Gems of Amiga Gaming? Please join in!  (Read 5771 times)

Description:

Offline lionstorm

Re: Hidden Gems of Amiga Gaming? Please join in!
« Reply #29 from previous page: March 27, 2008, 07:02:19 PM »
Joan of Arc was shadowed by Defenders of the Crown.

Offline mfletcher

• Show only replies by mfletcher
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2008, 02:04:02 AM »
"Extreme Violence" - I first discovered this on an Amiga Power coverdisk, Issue 24.

It was a two player game where you would run about an arena, trying to kill the other player. You couldnt see the entire arena, so you would run about trying to hunt them down. The game had all kinds of powerups, for example, bouncing bullets, which made it more interesting. I think as the game went on, you had more walls appear in the arena so it became more complicated as well.

Great game, I found this website that has an .adf of it, I'd recommend it!
http://amigacoverdisks.emuunlim.com/IndexAmigaPower.shtml

Offline Gwion

• Show only replies by Gwion
    • http://www.freewebs.com/commodoreamiga
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2008, 02:07:18 AM »
Clockwiser
Desperate To Get An Amiga 1200!

Offline stefcep2

• Show only replies by stefcep2
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2008, 07:13:58 AM »
Great Giana Sisters: Super mario brothers for Amiga

Offline pault1

• Show only replies by pault1
    • http://www.calweb.com/~pault
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2008, 01:18:30 AM »
by amigau on 2008/3/17 12:14:53  

Silent Service (submarine game from A500 days) is one of my all-time faves. Very tough game to win  

Oh yeah!  My pal still had a C64 and was holding out, not wanting to upgrade.  I got my Amiga and did two things to him - first had the Say function call him up on the phone to announce my new Amiga  :lol:  and then I got Silent Service, which he LOVED on his 64, and told him that there were cruisers to fight against in my version which were not in the 64 version.  That tore it, he had to upgrade.  We both explored the Pacific for literally real-time days - too bad that there was no group play/wolf pack on that one....

Offline pVC

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2008, 05:43:25 AM »
Heh.. lots of games here which definitely aren't "hidden". Nuclear War, Zany Golf, North & South, Stunt Car Racer, Silent Service, Great Giana Sisters etc were THE REASONS to buy Amiga :) At least where I come :)

But then.. yeah.. Extreme Violence was great fun with two players. And I'm not sure if Persian Gulf Inferno was that hidden either, but it sure had balls in it's audio... you felt the power of the guns :)

I'd say real hidden gems are games which came only in german language. I recently found that there's lots of them and they seem to be pretty good quality. It's shame that those weren't sold in english too! There's lots of them even in late era from Amiga gaming (1995 and later). For example company strategy games (http://www.lemonamiga.com/games/list.php?list_genre=Strategy&list_sub_genre=Company) which I was just looking. Pretty good looking ones there, but only in german :( Other categories too, but that's just what opened my eyes just ;)

I don't know if Minskies Furballs is hidden, but that's very addicting game with two players too :) Late found for myself. Also Turboraketti 1 & 2 might be hidden for other than finns (almost like national game for us ;).
Daily MorphOS user and Amiga active.

Offline monotek

• Show only replies by monotek
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2008, 01:05:01 PM »
-Faery Tale
-Nuclear War
-Gravity Force
-Space Crusade
-Skidmarks

Top5 games for me... Lot's of others of course. :crazy: