Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bringing new meaning to 'Construction Kit' games...  (Read 909 times)

Description:

Offline FloidTopic starter

• Show only replies by Floid
Bringing new meaning to 'Construction Kit' games...
« on: July 15, 2003, 09:11:08 PM »
Some friends of mine stumbled across Chronic Logic's Pontifex games today... and here I am, stuck with my GL accelleration broken, so I have little hope of playing the Linux demo.  Everyone else is enjoying it, so I wager it's good. ;-)

We've all seen 'construction kit' games, driving sims, rail sims, and shooters with physics models that rival reality... These are something a little different.

Offline Ilwrath

Re: Bringing new meaning to 'Construction Kit' games...
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2003, 12:32:18 AM »
Yeah... I registered my copy of Pontifex II.  :-)  One of very few shareware games I've ever done that for.  (MegaBall, perhaps being one of the only other few I can think of offhand!)  

Anyhow, Pontifex (formerly known as "Bridge Builder") is really a blast.  Or, perhaps, a splash, if you mis-construct things!  My girlfriend's little brother has a ball deleting crucial structural pieces from my designs and then watching them crumble into the water as so many chunks of twisted metal debris.

I am a little puzzled why it's under "Amiga gaming"?  Is there a Linux PPC version in addition to the Windows and Linux x86 versions?

Offline FloidTopic starter

• Show only replies by Floid
Re: Bringing new meaning to 'Construction Kit' games...
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2003, 03:02:44 PM »
Ilwrath wrote:
I am a little puzzled why it's under "Amiga gaming"?  Is there a Linux PPC version in addition to the Windows and Linux x86 versions?

Enh, because I couldn't pick a more appropriate forum.  (Did a miss a "Non-Amiga Gaming" one?)  There's a "Landmark computer games of the 20th and 21st centuries" thread a few notches down, and everyone talks about ports they'd like, so I figured I was in good company. ;-)