Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What games are you playing?  (Read 5983 times)

Description:

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show all replies
Re: What games are you playing?
« on: November 25, 2012, 02:55:36 PM »
Quote from: lassie;716268
Hi guys what games are you playing this November :) If we go back to 1992 then some of us would probably play Alien 3, Lotus 3 or Alien Breed Special edition and Pinball Dreams and Cracy cars 3 ( cool game i think ) and Adams family
I still play those games from time to time :)

A long time since I played Amiga games. Skyrim, Starcraft 2, Civilization V are the ones I spend the most gaming time on today, looking forward very much to GTA 5...

:)
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 11:44:32 PM »
Quote from: CritAnime;716388
bethesda's PS3 support has always been crap. I remember Fallout 3 having a glitch that would insta crash it near the brotherhood of steel's main compound. By simply walking in a cartain direction it would crash the game. this was fixed on the xbox version within a week. The PS3 version it had taken them nearly 3 whole weeks. Sucks.
Do you think it is because the System is "older" that it crash when there is to much saved?

My PS3 is a really old 40GB one, and I played through Fallout 3 from beginning to the end at least 3 times (1 good, 1 evil and 1 neutral, earning all those trophies for different levels), and I also bought the "game of the year" edition with all the add-on contents, which I also played through, and while there indeed was a few sporadic crashes during all that time of game play, I wouldn't call it "crap" in any way. Well, except that add-on (don't remember its name) where you took a river boat to that costal town/swamp area. That one crashed badly. OK, the first Fallout 3 version I had (an early version) didn't even get through the classroom part in the intro mission, but a DL fix remedied that problem!

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 11:48:53 PM »
Quote from: som99;716410
PS3 runs most games in  1280x720

IMHO this is mostly true for the games that is also released for Xbox (which is 720p only). There has been many great games in full 1080p, Metal Gear Solid is a good example IMHO!

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 11:55:37 PM »
Quote from: CritAnime;716996
Its an unfortunate part of retro gaming that you will find the magnetic media eventually gives up the ghost. So many disks have become lost due to general use. Even with the most stringent of precautions disketts do eventually die.

True. :(

And even if you back up the disks or DL new images from the many online libraries, it can be a problem to acquire new physical floppies. 3.5" is walking in the footsteps of 5 1/4" in this regard. Can't remember when I last bought a new floppy. It's a dead medium.

But there are some solutions from companies like induvidual computer (thinking of their C64 products with memory cards etc).

And then there are emulators of course.

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 12:15:10 AM »
Quote from: CritAnime;717001
So much so I gave it up and got the xbox version because they were patching that version quicker.

I think there is a lot of "politics" (or "business"/"sponsorship" if you like) involved. There are several cases where Xbox "mysteriously" got a lot higher priority at some game publishers.

GTA 4 is a prime example; when this much anticipated new version of the once *PS only* series of games was first announced, it was suddenly rumored that it wouldn't be released for PS3 at all, but in reality it *was* released, but with a few months delay.

Why, you ask?

Because of a $50,000,000 MS deal?

Not realistic, some might say. Well, look at the Commercial Success it had, setting at least two new world records in this regard (the best single day sales, and the best 7 days sales).

The tactical/strategic benefit MS/Xbox got from this single (and rather cheap) $50 million deal is probably enormous.