Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I received mac mini and installed MorphOS  (Read 11285 times)

Description:

Offline smerf

• Show all replies
Re: I received mac mini and installed MorphOS
« on: April 17, 2012, 03:01:21 AM »
Quote from: AmigaClassicRule;688569
I have just one thing to say, i received the mac mini and did a fresh installation of MorphOS and one thing I have to say about this OS is this:

:knuddel::knuddel::knuddel::knuddel::knuddel::knuddel::knuddel::knuddel::knuddel::knuddel::knuddel::knuddel::knuddel:

I LOVE IT! I love the sexy blue look, the feel, the speed, performance, the simplicity and the fact it have My MorphOS like My Computer in Windows XP and above.

I finally was able to watch a movie on an Amiga and I have to say this, I treat MorphOS as a real Amiga as I would treat my Amiga 1200. And I believe MorphOS is as real of an Amiga as AmigaOS 4.1 is an AmigaOS. I love the operating system and I personally feel it is a serious OS not just a toy.  

The only downside I have with it is that there is no laptop version of MorphOS and it is restricted to Mac Mini G4 PPC. Now if the intention is never to migrate it to x86 I am not going to complain all I ask is that migrate it to PPC G5, where a 550 dollars worth of the old Macintosh desktop G5 with duo-co processor and can have 16 Gb of RAM and it is a desktop PC where I can upgrade it with expansions instead of the restrictions of Mac Mini G4.

But personally I want it for the laptop, at the end of the month I am going to register MorphOS and become a long term MorphOS user.

HMMMMPH!!!

Another traitor to the Amiga, have you tried printing a picture yet, bet you can't do it, what sort or SPECIAL PRINTER do you need to print with.

Have you tried recording audio, or how about using Kindle to read a book?
Bet you can't play Windows games.

Can you buy new software for it at the local software store or Steam?

I know there has to be a party pooper somewhere, and I guess I am it.

Glad to hear you are enjoying it. God why do I have such morality problems in using a MAC.

I will not go over to the dark side no matter what you Mac fanboys say.

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better

Offline smerf

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 03:29:40 AM »
Hi,

Why don't you all go throw your MAC whoopie over on the Apple boards, maybe the Apple Fan Boys will all embrace you there and your new found Amiga Emulator for a MAC.

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

Offline smerf

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 03:39:09 AM »
[@smerf    shut up moron]

The only morons here are the ones using MACs on the Amiga boards.
Don't you all know the difference between a MAC and an Amiga. The MAC is the small little piece of junk that can't even find a right place home, like in the rotten Apple Core computer section, so it lets some sleaze bags sneak it on the Amiga boards.

Oh my Apple this, my Apple that, My Apple is rotten to the core.
If you are all excited with the Mac running MorpOS why don't you morph over to your own board and brag about it there, maybe someone who knows nothing about computers will listen to you all.

smerf

Offline smerf

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 03:41:41 AM »
Quote from: Motormouth;688903
Which is better for MorphOS
A Power mac FW800 MDD with dual 1.42 GHz processors
or a 1.5 Ghz Mac Mini?

Can MorphOS use dual processors?  In theory AmigaOS should, as it is preemptively multitasks.   However I have never seen dual processors implemented in AmigaOS that way.

@motormouth,

I would try a trash can first.

smerf

Offline smerf

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 03:56:23 AM »
Quote from: haywirepc;696318
I don't understand the hating on morphos.

The decision to port to mac in my opinion was brilliant. Why? Because they had a power pc OS with no more custom (pegasos) hw being produced.

g4 Macs are cheap and extremely plentiful, as is spare parts for them.

If you want to spend 1500$ on 10 year old spec hw just so your os says amiga os go ahead, some people are fine with a very amiga like os on a 50$ mac thats faster than most Os4 hw....

I don't hate MorphOS, it is a super emulator for a MAC, just like Cloanto's Amiga Forever is a super emulator for a windows machine. It is just that I wouldn't contaminate my hands by touching a MAC. It would be like touching a pile of dog poo, and the smell of a MAC just makes me want to throw up.

smerf

Offline smerf

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 04:48:03 AM »
@haywirepc,

Looked at the mini Macs, but still can't see investing in a dead system, for the past 5 years I have watched MorphOS, AROS, etc. but I have to go with a system that is going to have software made for it in the future. I don't want to buy a box just to run an OS, I want to be sure that software is going to be made for it, advancements to the hardware can be made etc.
I hate windows, but if I want to play games then windows I must have, I wouldn't trust windows with any real data that I wanted to keep. Know to many people that have lost there huge music library using windows, I keep mine on Linux, haven't lost anything in 6 years, Linux almost compares to the Amiga, but it is harder to use and understand, but it is easy to backup your data, even though during the last 6 years I really didn't need a backup.
MorphOS needs to morph into a more stable, advanced, and go forward system for me to get interested in it. Linux has programs, windows has programs, Amiga had programs.

We need more people programming in order to stabilize the community. Right now we are all going in several different directions. We need to concentrate in one direction and develope it.

smerf