Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New AGA SDL Development  (Read 35718 times)

Description:

Offline wawrzon

Re: New AGA SDL Development
« Reply #14 from previous page: May 17, 2013, 01:20:05 PM »
Quote from: Crumb;735291
Perhaps you have a distorted view because Chris is trying to help and he even performed changes in his code to make it easier to adapt to OS3.x. Itix and Fab are always helpful, Fab for example always helps porting his apps to other OSes like AROS and OS4.x. Put some lines of classic amiga code and Piru will always help to optimize and iron out bugs. I don't think Kas1e doesn't have good will helping OS3.x users. But keep in mind they already did a choice and you can't force them to compile code for OS3.x specially if they no longer use these systems.
no, im quite calm about it actually. i have had good contact to most of the people you mentioned and while they have not much interest in original amiga left, they were always open, helpful and collegial, i value them and the attitude, including kas1e. if only the whole scene were like them. i am also not demanding anything from them or you for that matter. their and your comments may be a guidance, but all of us must comprehend the reality of the situation. and this is that for instance with all the help of the above people i hardly can code a line, even if i helped up and help in a number of projects. lately i tried to compile odyssey for aros 68k with the help of deadwood, jason and fab. and what came out of it? nothing!

Until Jason and Toni Willen there were quite a lot of users who didn't care much about 68k nor compatibility with it.
its still like this, but it is wrong, aros could be a great repleacment for the original os but it still needs improvements.

Just open SDL OWB on OS4 and compare it to OWB-MUI. Or just open Netsurf SDL on a real 060+RTG miggy. Download my tool and play with it and you'll see how easy is creating a Reaction GUI. To compile stuff you'll probably have to write:
gcc mygui.c events.c -o mygui.exe -noixemul

may look at it but pretty much know that i cant handle it. its not only the gui. netsurf needs also to have chris' plotter to work on 68k.

Offline wawrzon

Re: New AGA SDL Development
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2013, 01:18:44 PM »
@adrian82

very good attitude. hpw about helping out to polish up aros68k? aros is open source by definition and platform independant. with aros you can have both amiga backwards binary compatibility and certain posix compatibility afaik so ports  from linux world can be easier without the need of ixemul libs.