Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: (E)UAE cd.device ?  (Read 948 times)

Description:

Offline xaccrocheurTopic starter

• Show only replies by xaccrocheur
(E)UAE cd.device ?
« on: February 25, 2011, 06:02:38 PM »
Hi ; I'm currently trying to play The Shadow Of The Third Moon under e-uae (0.8.29-WIP4) ; But the game keeps complaining that the CD is not in the drive, when in fact... Well, it is'nt. The iso is mounted in a dir, this dir is in UAE "hard drives" list, and is visible on the desktop.

In the "config" utility for the game there is a field for "cd device" and it's already filled with a value : cd.device. But there is no such file in DEVS: only atapi.device. Witch does not do a better job (but nags me about registering... A block device file..??)

My questions :

-How can I create a "fake" device that would show my CD to the whole system ?
-What is the proper way to mount a CD image in UAE ? (given that this laptop does not have any optical drive anyway)
-I can't login to amigaworld.net, have I been banned ?  :)

Offline Matt_H

Re: (E)UAE cd.device ?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 06:19:36 PM »
The "correct" way to do CD drives in UAE is to use uaescsi.device as the device name and then install a CD filesystem the same way you would on a real Amiga.

uaescsi.device maps to a real device on the host system. That real device can be an image file mounted under the host, of course.

No clue as to your AW.net problems.

Offline xaccrocheurTopic starter

• Show only replies by xaccrocheur
Re: (E)UAE cd.device ?
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 06:33:44 PM »
Quote from: Matt_H;617963
The "correct" way to do CD drives in UAE is to use uaescsi.device as the device name and then install a CD filesystem the same way you would on a real Amiga.

Thank you *very* much, Matt ; That does look like the correct way to do... Is there a reliable (and free) CDFS that you recommend ? I'm lost in Aminet now :( (it used to be my home, a loong time ago..)

uaescsi.device maps to a real device on the host system. That real device can be an image file mounted under the host, of course.

OK, but how would I then make the connection, I mean, make the system aware of that very mounted image file instead of a real drive ? By still using UAE magic "hard drives" dirs ?

No clue as to your AW.net problems.

Well it's weird, I've been a good guy this year, and what's more when I click on the "You can get your new password by clicking on the link below:" link in the email, I get a "Confirmation Mail for xaccrocheur mailed." page, and then another mail, in an infinite loop..?