Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 'openamiga' is a joke!  (Read 2123 times)

Description:

Offline Rodney

• Show only replies by Rodney
    • http://donthaveone.com/
Re: 'openamiga' is a joke!
« Reply #14 from previous page: June 28, 2003, 11:11:24 AM »

OT: I had sex with my wife to be last night you boring twat.  you have a nice wank loser?

Ahh the old fight fire with fire trick. That one never works. You always end up with more fire. Try throwing some water on it.

BTW - who really wants to hear about other peoples sex lifes? *quivers*
We are not Humans having a spirital experiance
We are Spirits having a Human experiance.

Offline alx

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2003, 11:13:25 AM »
But because they have nothing to do. Can you imagine anyone's Amiga system NOT having the features as above?

This is how I look at OpenAmiga - some people take a much more important view of it, whilst others don't like it at all...

At the moment we've got tons of Amiga-style OSes - AOS4, MOS, Classic AOS, AROS, Amithlon etc.  They've all got common ground that can be used without any effort by the OS developers, and if people can write software that meets these standerds then it will benefit everyone.  All people need to know is the standards.

But "there may be trouble ahead" :-)  All the OSes are diverging - eventually AOS will have a sandboxed 4.x environment in 5.x, and MOS will have a sandboxed ABox.  It's my guess that OpenAmiga will still be supported, but at that point will not be able to be extended, as the sandboxes become more and more out-of-date, and the surrounding OS changes completely.

But by that time, IMO any remaining AOS style systems should have a large enough userbase to cope without so many common apps.  But until that happens, OpenAmiga definitely has a place.

Offline mikeymike

• Show only replies by mikeymike
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2003, 11:45:30 AM »
The thread should not have been started in such an offensive fashion, but mdma's response is totally unnecessary.

If the flamefest continues, I'll lock the thread.  Try to be just a little more mature guys.  These forums are not a vent for raging testosterone.

Offline mikeymike

• Show only replies by mikeymike
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2003, 12:05:35 PM »
Now mdma, what did I say?