Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: (forwarded from email) NDOS disk questions, after transfer not working  (Read 946 times)

Description:

Offline redrumloaTopic starter

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
I got this in email from a user who is having problems with his AO account. Please give him some advice:-)

Hey man, is it possible that you could post this message for me on Amiga.org?  For some reason, I can't post anything or message anyone on the site.  If you can, it should go in the Emulation forum.  Thanks.

I'm trying to get NDOS type Images to transfer AND RUN on my Amiga 500.  I have an A500, 512K of RAM, and the internal 880K floppy drive.  I'm using a null-modem cable and Amiga Explorer to transfer.

Everything transfers fine, EXCEPT images that use a non-standard file system.  They transfer, then show up on the workbench as the usual NDOS, but when I try to boot with them....   nada.

Any help is VERY appreciated, and any questions required for help are welcome.

Thanks!
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline ent0mbed

• Show only replies by ent0mbed
    • http://www.sinaftersin.us
Re: (forwarded from email) NDOS disk questions, after transfer not working
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2004, 05:03:19 PM »
As long as I'm understanding what he's trying to do correctly I would think he needs to use a program like DMS to make the disk into a single file that can be transferred and then use it again on the A500 to send it back to a floppy.

If he's trying to run an NDOS image without using a floppy then I have no idea.  I have always used DMS to backup my NDOS floppies.

Offline redrumloaTopic starter

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
Re: (forwarded from email) NDOS disk questions, after transfer not working
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 05:42:06 PM »
As I understand it he is transfering the images (probably ADF, not sure) from the PC to the Amiga 500 via Amiga Explorer. Apparently the ones that are recognised by AmigaDOS work, but the games that aren't don't. I am assuming he is transfering ADFs and using ADF2DISK to unpack, that's what I recomended.

Personally I'm not terribly familiar with Amiga Explorer, I used to use TWIN extensively and not I use ethernet or Catweasel.
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!