Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmigaOS Shortcut keys  (Read 2142 times)

Description:

Offline my_pc_is_amigaTopic starter

AmigaOS Shortcut keys
« on: March 08, 2019, 05:46:10 AM »
Sometime ago I discovered the Amiga-Q key for string gadgets by reading an old Amiga manual.   The nice thing is that all the string gadget shortcut keys are very well documented here:  https://wiki.amigaos.net/wiki/String_Gadget_Type

Are there any other not-so-well-known shortcut keys for other things in the shell or workbench requester/gadgets?

guest11527

Re: AmigaOS Shortcut keys
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 07:05:20 AM »
Are there any other not-so-well-known shortcut keys for other things in the shell or workbench requester/gadgets?
There are a couple of shortcuts for the console that are probably not so well known. ^A moves the cursor to the start of the line, ^E to its end, ^K kills the line and moves it to the yank-buffer, which you get back with ^Y. ^B clears the current line, and ^X does the same, but also rewinds the history. There are somewhat more I might have forgotten.

Offline goldfish

• Show only replies by goldfish
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 04:48:28 PM »
Whats copy and paste ?

windows ctrl c  and ctrl v

guest11527

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 05:08:39 PM »
We don't have a key of this *snort* name.

guest11527

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 05:19:25 PM »
We also have CBM-V and CBM-B for the auto-requesters (retry/cancel), the mouse-replacements with CBM-arrow, the mouse-key replacements Alt+CBM (if I recall), the switch-screen shortcut CBM-,.

Offline Steady

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2019, 01:00:14 PM »
I recall the switch screen shortcuts being LAmiga-M or LAmiga-N.
One switches screens and one switches to the workbench but I can't remember which is which.

Offline nbache

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2019, 08:06:38 PM »
M switches to next screen, N switches to WB.

If you are using OS4, these and lots of other special keys can be found in the Workbench.guide (available by pressing Help in WB, or through the lightbulb icon in AmiDock).

Best regards,

Niels

Offline paul1981

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2019, 01:33:06 PM »
Whats copy and paste ?

Right Amiga C and Right Amiga V.