Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NO OS4 BEFORE END OF YEAR!!!  (Read 18974 times)

Description:

Offline pioneer

• Show only replies by pioneer
Re: NO OS4 BEFORE END OF YEAR!!!
« Reply #89 from previous page: January 28, 2003, 06:56:48 AM »
If the delay is true they should quit calling these systems "Amiga's". Every one they sell hurts Amiga's reputation a little more. They should call them Amiga-compatible Eyetech Linux systems.

Offline JoannaK

• Show only replies by JoannaK
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2003, 07:11:24 AM »

samface wrote:
No, it's a pity some people are so easily fooled into believeing every rumour they hear or read about.

Well.. IHMO Hyperion can blame themselves for most of this.  They did lot's of Hype during last year about how great it'll be .. And made (mostly by Ben Hermans) lot's of promices how ready OS4 is ... And then this all stopped suddenly  months ago. (happened well before Aachen.. Was it an october or so?)

Since then (4 months?), all there have been few screenshots (of 68k running version  I'm been told) and Feature list.  So, in the end. They may have this finished (and unreleased) product in their shelves or not. Personally I belive they would have shown it to public if they had something Demoeable.

I may well be wrong here but I got this feeling that community (at least most of them) will not wait much longer.  Of course there are allways some who will wait at the end of the world, but those are not big number.  

What I expect to see soon  is some clever damage control from Hyperion. I surely hope it includes nice public demo of OS4.  :-)

« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2003, 07:19:21 AM »
I really think its possible OS4 wont be out this year... (possible) look at how long it took MOS to get developed....
If OS4 is done this year I give Hyperion alot of credit.

Offline KrasH

• Show only replies by KrasH
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2003, 07:54:11 AM »
I seriously think that some so called Amigans watch too much Bold and the Beautiful and Days of our lives.

Where is the proof that OS4 will take till the end of the year? Speculation and rumour is NOT  FACT, it's just speculation and rumour. I for one trust Hyperion more than some rumour mongers that seem to get "new news" spread around without an ounce of fact.

Those in the know would be under NDA anyway and they wouldn't be allowed to spread such crap. If they did, then I think they'd be in trouble. I have a friend who is under NDA and an Amiga developer and I can tell you, that no prompting etc will ever get him to break his NDA. The comment he always says is"Just wait and see". Nothing more and nothing less.

Like I said, I'll trust Hyperion and Amiga over any rumour monger. This won't cost me. If, and thats a BIG IF, nothing comes of the OS4 and AmigaOne (although the later is almost here), I'll just stick to playing around with my A4000 and OS3.9.

Amiga 4000 CSPPC [retired]
Intel i7 3930K @ 4.3Ghz / Corsair H100 / Asus Rampage IV Extreme / 16 GB / 2 x 240GB Corsair Force GT SSD / 2 x EVGA 2GB 680GTX SC Sig / 3 x Benq XL2420T / 1 x Samsung 2443 BW+
27" iMac / i7 @ 3.4 / 680mx / 3TB Fusion / 32GB RAM

Offline DaveP

• Show only replies by DaveP
« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2003, 08:03:28 AM »
I notice a lot of SHOUTED BANNER HEADLINES have turned
up on the front page on many diverse topics. Are people that starved
for attention or is it just one dude with a broken caps lock key?

I would put a smiley here rolling its eyes but it couldn't spin
round fast enough.

( edit - removed a lot of sarcasm which would have just kept this
topic alive )
Hate figure. :lol:

Offline Casper

• Show only replies by Casper
« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2003, 08:39:19 AM »
Launching a product is releasing a product, I seriously wonder how it could possibly interpreted differently.

Launching a product means that your're stepping up the marketing (having parties for developers, starting marketing campaigns and all that) for the product before the release . The actual release usually comes a bit later (usually within a month). If Hyperion actually launching OS4 at CeBit they should be able to release it soon after or they'll be in big trouble. They certainly can't wait till the end of the year, if they will have commited PR suicide.