Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga OS 3.2 released  (Read 42474 times)

Description:

Offline chris

Re: Amiga OS 3.2 released
« on: July 01, 2021, 05:24:22 PM »
Why isn't the Locale&Input selector the first thing i see? A pretty one, of course, not the Prefs editor as it is now. Just glue those gadgets (that your already have in source!) )together in one LangSel tool and you are done, how hard can it be?

Locale prefs is not set to the country i chose the language for, instead it is U.S. and it doesn't point me to change it. Prefered language is not set, time zone neither. nothing is localised, i choosed two languages to install and none is prefered.
If i chose more than the internal language (eng u.s.) shouldn't there be an muex choice for my prefered language/country in the next installer page?

Yes; this got me.  I assumed that because I'd selected the British English install that my language would be set to British English.  In fact, I'd forgotten that this was even something that needed to be set.

In Locale Prefs there are no preferred languages, and HELP doesn't work because it is looking at the preferred languages list, which is empty (so default English), yet there are no English language help files installed, because I installed British English (I'd normally put both in the preferred languages as usually things don't come with a specific British English catalog).  It should set the preferred language to the one used for the install.  If the user wants to change it later, that's up to them, but the install should be set to the language the user installed.

There is still an Expansion drawer, what is this for?

The same thing it has always been for?

Workbenchs stack size is still 4kB?

Can be changed in WB prefs.
"Miracles we do at once, the impossible takes a little longer" - AJS on Hyperion
Avatar picture is Tabitha by Eric W Schwartz