Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: OS4 SCSI driver  (Read 941 times)

Description:

Offline FerryTopic starter

OS4 SCSI driver
« on: November 06, 2005, 12:12:43 AM »
Are you thinking to get an A1? Do you have one already? If yes, would you really need an OS4 SCSI driver and why or what for?

For example, I'm still scanning with my A1200 since I cannot use my SCSI scanner on the A1. But perhaps I'm a rarity and there are too few users with SCSI devices. That's what I would like to know: is it worth the effort to program such a driver, or would it be better to use that time and effort in another more usefull project?

Saluditos,

Ferrán.
Amiga user since 1988
AOS4 Betatester
Member of ATO Spain
PiStorm project collaborator (Docs)
A1200/060/256MB/SCSI
A1 XE-G4/933
A500+/PiStorm

Offline Lemmink

• Show only replies by Lemmink
    • http://www.lemmink.joice.net
Re: OS4 SCSI driver
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005, 02:25:55 AM »
I sure would have a use for an OS4 SCSI-Driver. Most "serious" Amigausers have an SCSI setup on their classic machines. Not only scanners, but ZIP-Drives and the like.
If you don`t need it for anything else it would sure be usefull for the initial coping over of the data from the classic machines. Though people that invested in 40-60 GB UWSCSI-drives would be glad to use them a little while longer.

Isn`t the final of OS4 going to have drivers for SCSI cards, at least for those that use the same chips as the CSPPC and BlizzardPPC ?
Not really interesting, but it`s there.
http://www.lemmink.joice.net

Offline FerryTopic starter

Re: OS4 SCSI driver
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005, 04:21:33 PM »
Yeah, that's what I thought: those who have SCSI devices have invested a nice amount on them, they are reliable and fast, so why not use them in the A1 as well?

Saluditos,

Ferrán.
Amiga user since 1988
AOS4 Betatester
Member of ATO Spain
PiStorm project collaborator (Docs)
A1200/060/256MB/SCSI
A1 XE-G4/933
A500+/PiStorm