Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Visual scripting like idea...  (Read 936 times)

Description:

Offline JoseTopic starter

• Show all replies
Visual scripting like idea...
« on: June 07, 2005, 11:06:11 PM »
Hi. I had this idead that I'd like you opinion on if it's worth it or not.

On the program I'm doing (or losin some time with sometimes) I want to make things complete, though it'll take more time to finish of course. I got this idea of the user being able to define what actions happend when motion is detected. So I created an array of pointers to action functions. Then I realized that it woluld be usefull to also have sets of functions, so that the user could use already made sets. So I modified that to an array of of pointers to a structure that defines (in a field's flag) if it's a set of functions (actionset, that's how I called it...) or just a simple function. This structure then has a pointer to the function itself ( if it's a simple function), or another array of structures (in case of an actionset) each having a pointer to a function along with it's name (will probably be updated with more stuff in the future). This is already done and working;) I plan to do a GUI for to manage this stuff.

Then I realized, if I add the possibility of return values and conditions to this, I'll have done a simple (userwise) visual scripting language that could be handled with just the mouse.
Has this been made ? What do you think of the idea ?
\\"We made Amiga, they {bleep}ed it up\\"

Offline JoseTopic starter

• Show all replies
Re: Visual scripting like idea...
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 07:28:46 PM »
@Steady

Well, I don't know if it would be worth it either, I decided to ask in forums... Seems to be a cool idea, and it doesn't seem to be done..

"Not sure what you are writing to start with."
Hmm, later I'll post about it... :-)

\\"We made Amiga, they {bleep}ed it up\\"