Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmigaAMP, plug-ins and OS4  (Read 1075 times)

Description:

Offline FluffyMcDeathTopic starter

• Show only replies by FluffyMcDeath
AmigaAMP, plug-ins and OS4
« on: February 19, 2005, 08:38:51 AM »
So I was playing with AmigaAMP and trying out some plug-ins but they seem to be jittery (but not because of JIT or anything) or bursty. Not sure if I noticed this before update2.

Anyway, recompiled WideSpectrum to OS4 to see if that would make things smoother and it's just the same. Messages come in bursts. Interestingly, moving the plug-in window around shows the same sort of burstiness in messages as the window will "stick" as you drag it in time with the freezing of the animation.

Is it a setting I have, or ... Hmm.

Thought I'd recompile the subspace plugin too just for fun but it doesn't seem worth it now. The fun's kind of gone out of it unless I can get smooth updates. Any ideas?

Offline ikir

• Show only replies by ikir
    • http://www.ikirsector.it
Re: AmigaAMP, plug-ins and OS4
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2005, 10:08:40 AM »
Are you using the lastest version of AmigaAmp, it has been released a month ago if i remember correctly. Right now i'm using Amplifier on OS4 :-)

Ps: are you using the os4 native mpega.library?

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2005, 09:56:07 PM »

ikir wrote:
Are you using the lastest version of AmigaAmp, it has been released a month ago if i remember correctly. Right now i'm using Amplifier on OS4 :-)

Ps: are you using the os4 native mpega.library?

AmigaAMP, AMPlifier... hmmm. Maybe I was running AMPlifier before.

As to the question, yes, AFAIK it's the latest AmigaAMP. Yes, I'm using the os4 mpega.library.

I guess I'll just try AMPlifier (maybe again) and check out the plugin dev kit for that.

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2005, 06:43:35 PM »
Tried AMPlifier and it's smoother, but also found that AmigaAMP can be made smoother by changing the buffer length. I have it at 1/20th of a second now and the plugins flow nicely. Looks like AmigaAMP is dumping all its messages on the buffer intervals (at least when using mpega.librbary).

Offline drHirudo

• Show only replies by drHirudo
    • http://hirudov.com
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2005, 07:31:32 PM »
Yes, I'm using the os4 mpega.library.

The mpega.library haven't been updated for years now, and there is no AmigaOS4 native version of it I think. For AmigaOS4 there is mpega_libmad.library, which is with the same functionality and even claims that it decodes better. So you actually used the mpega_libmad.library under AmigaOS 4.