Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga30UK  (Read 668 times)

Description:

Offline TCMSLP

• Show only replies by TCMSLP
    • http://www.coherer.net
Re: Amiga30UK
« Reply #14 from previous page: August 05, 2015, 10:23:25 AM »
It was great to meet some of you - I had a fantastic time!  Now looking forward to Neuss!

Steve
A1200 50MHz 68030 16Mb, PCMCIA Ethernet, Indivision AGA MkIIcr
http://www.coherer.net Coherer: Electro!

Offline LordSpunkyTopic starter

• Show only replies by LordSpunky
    • http://www.tristancobb.co.uk
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2015, 05:04:13 PM »
I can't make Neuss, time and money really.
I kinda feel I need another one. Maybe more a local smaller, Amiga club type thing.

Thanks for the photo Steve - I've updated my signature and Avatar now ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Main Two Systems:
Commodore Amiga 4000D - 3.1 ROM\'s / Workbench 3.1/5/9 / 2MB ChipRAM / 16MB FastRAM / Cyberstorm2 68040 @40MHz, 128MB FastRAM / Picasso MKIV / 4GB CF-IDE HDD / X-Surf 100 & RapidRoad / CD-ROM
Amiga Inc. Amiga 1200 - 3.1 ROM\'s / Workbench 3.1 / 2MB ChipRAM / 8MB FastRAM / 4GB CF-IDE HDD

Commodore
Pet 4016-N / C-VIC20 x3 / C-64 x3 / C-64C x3 / C128 x2 / C16 / C-Plus/4
Commodore Amiga
A1000 / A500 x5 / A500 Plus / A600 x5 / A1200 x4 / A1500 x2 / CD32 / CDTV

Offline AmigaBruno

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2015, 05:05:27 PM »
I didn't see Paul, or at least didn't recognise him. He must have a new hairstyle or was wearing a hat. I don't remember seeing Lord Spunky either. I was wearing a light blue jacket and a T shirt. I wrote my real name with "Amigabruno" in the middle, but no one noticed. I spoke to a few members of Amiga North Thames, the Sysop of the old 01ForAmiga BBS and some other people whose names I didn't get. One of them was wearing a Guru Meditation T shirt. It was great to see lots of classic Amigas set up. I don't know anywhere else I can go where there would be even one classic Amiga set up except my own. (HINT, HINT)

I finished my day sitting in the "Scene Room", where Dan Wood of Kooky Tech invited me to play the game "Micro Machines". I had no real idea what to do, but it seems I won! After this, he played another game I hadn't seen before, which I thought was called "Dragon's Axe" but it seems it wasn't called that and now I don't know what it is, so I can't find it anywhere.

I  left to get a bus just before 19:30, went back to my friend's place in Peterborough, and was back at my local station in London at 00:10.

This week I've been playing with my Amiga A1200, two CF hard drives, and my Gotek USB ADF floppy drive with mixed results. Amigakit/A-EON fixed my broken CF card and adaptor at the show. While there I bought a kit with another IDE CF adaptor, a CF card with WHDload and a floppy disk. My old CF card worked again, but I found I couldn't read the new CF card on a PC using FS-UAE under Linux, so I haven't installed any games or demos on it yet. Perhaps my USB CF card ready is faulty. The latest news is that while using my Gotek drive, my CF hard drive suddenly disappeared from the boot menu, so I'm working on getting it recognised again.

Offline Rob

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2015, 06:52:10 PM »
Quote from: AmigaBruno;793610
I didn't see Paul, or at least didn't recognise him. He must have a new hairstyle or was wearing a hat. I don't remember seeing Lord Spunky either. I was wearing a light blue jacket and a T shirt. I wrote my real name with "Amigabruno" in the middle, but no one noticed. I spoke to a few members of Amiga North Thames, the Sysop of the old 01ForAmiga BBS and some other people whose names I didn't get. One of them was wearing a Guru Meditation T shirt. It was great to see lots of classic Amigas set up. I don't know anywhere else I can go where there would be even one classic Amiga set up except my own. (HINT, HINT)

I finished my day sitting in the "Scene Room", where Dan Wood of Kooky Tech invited me to play the game "Micro Machines". I had no real idea what to do, but it seems I won! After this, he played another game I hadn't seen before, which I thought was called "Dragon's Axe" but it seems it wasn't called that and now I don't know what it is, so I can't find it anywhere.

I  left to get a bus just before 19:30, went back to my friend's place in Peterborough, and was back at my local station in London at 00:10.

This week I've been playing with my Amiga A1200, two CF hard drives, and my Gotek USB ADF floppy drive with mixed results. Amigakit/A-EON fixed my broken CF card and adaptor at the show. While there I bought a kit with another IDE CF adaptor, a CF card with WHDload and a floppy disk. My old CF card worked again, but I found I couldn't read the new CF card on a PC using FS-UAE under Linux, so I haven't installed any games or demos on it yet. Perhaps my USB CF card ready is faulty. The latest news is that while using my Gotek drive, my CF hard drive suddenly disappeared from the boot menu, so I'm working on getting it recognised again.

Don't forget that you should have a license for Amiga Forever now, provided you didn't go for the ultra cheap ticket.

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2015, 01:48:26 PM »
I was there AmigaBruno, with my multi coloured Amiga Tick t-shirt ;) and I took and setup our Amiga500 Plus.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Main Two Systems:
Commodore Amiga 4000D - 3.1 ROM\'s / Workbench 3.1/5/9 / 2MB ChipRAM / 16MB FastRAM / Cyberstorm2 68040 @40MHz, 128MB FastRAM / Picasso MKIV / 4GB CF-IDE HDD / X-Surf 100 & RapidRoad / CD-ROM
Amiga Inc. Amiga 1200 - 3.1 ROM\'s / Workbench 3.1 / 2MB ChipRAM / 8MB FastRAM / 4GB CF-IDE HDD

Commodore
Commodore Amiga

Offline paul1981

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2015, 02:36:16 PM »
Hello AmigaBruno. I was wearing a light grey Amiga 1.3 boot screen T-Shirt, had a black rucksack too. I'll sort my photo's out soon and get them up here.

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2015, 03:18:44 PM »
AmigaBurno did you post photos on FB? Commodore Amiga page?

Quote from: AmigaBruno;793610

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Main Two Systems:

Commodore
Commodore Amiga

Offline Ryu

• Show only replies by Ryu
    • http://www.intuitionbase.com
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2015, 06:24:53 PM »
haha, you was playing Micro Machines with my mate Paul Kitching. Dan managed to kick my arse just before your turn!
Yours
Darren aka Ryu
-----------------------------
www.IntuitionBase.com
My Amiga 1200 webserver

Offline AmigaBruno

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2015, 06:09:12 PM »
Quote from: Rob;793617
Don't forget that you should have a license for Amiga Forever now, provided you didn't go for the ultra cheap ticket.

I certainly have got a *licence* for it. "I need a licence. I must ask the council to license me, then I'll be licensed". For some strange reason, a licence key just appeared on screen, which wasn't the same as the one on my pass from the show. I wonder why this is.

This has nothing to do with classic Amigas or the lack of them at any Amiga gatherings, though.

I have booted Amiga Forever on two different PCs, as well as installing it onto one PC. I hope to install something else, such as Amikit or Amithlon, which Amiga Forever is supposed to make easy, but I still don't know how.

Offline AmigaBruno

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2015, 06:10:57 PM »
Quote from: Ryu;793723
haha, you was playing Micro Machines with my mate Paul Kitching. Dan managed to kick my arse just before your turn!

I didn't know how to play the game, or what was the object of it, but somehow I won! I'm not sure of the name of the game that followed it either. There was a dragon in it.

Offline AmigaBruno

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2015, 05:09:36 PM »
I'm glad to find in the last couple of days that several videos have now appeared of the Amiga 30th anniversary event in Peterborough on the YouTube channel Amiga 30 UK, although it says they were uploaded a week ago https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZbuVf_3s-D1a65fccRbUFA . They weren't allowed to show "Viva Amiga", but I hope to see some more videos of the event soon, including any more made after 19:00 because I only had a half day ticket. After leaving the event, I was forced to eat a cardboard pie by my host (i.e. a chicken pie).

Perhaps some people on here could point themselves out in the videos. I spotted myself in the background of one of Ravi Abbott's videos, wearing a bright blue jacket. I sat in different chairs after each break. Something I did was being the first person to stick my hand up as remembering the BBS "01 for Amiga". Unfortunately, I had to admit to the Sysop later on that I didn't remember what I actually did when I was logged on to "01 for Amiga" and I even asked him where it was based, as I'd temporarily forgotten that the name was taken from the former London dialling code 01. Unlike him, I hadn't forgotten that Amiga formatted disks held 880K instead of 720K, though. I also remember getting my phone cut off and thinking that it wouldn't have happened if the bills were monthly instead of quarterly. I don't think there was an option to have monthly phone bills then, but I could be wrong.

I felt totally shocked by the pronunciation of AMOS by Francois Lionnet, as well as the pronunciation of Linux by Trevor Dickenson. I caught a frisbee thrown by Francois Lionnet, but I doubt if anyone captured this on video, although no video of him has been posted so far AFAIK.