Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmiWest 2011 is on  (Read 10731 times)

Description:

Offline motrucker

Re: AmiWest 2011 is on
« on: August 15, 2011, 03:03:23 AM »
I wish some one would host an Amiga show in Philly or Valley Forge (King of Prussia) PA to commemorate the old Amiga World shows.
Besides, that would be a central east coast location.
A2000 GVP 40MHz \'030, 21Mb RAM SD/FF, 2 floppies, internal CD-ROM drive, micromys v3 w/laser mouse
A1000 Microbotics Starboard II w/2Mb 1080, & external floppy (AIRdrive)
C-128 w/1571, 1750, & Final Cartridge III+

Offline motrucker

Re: AmiWest 2011 is on
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 10:18:34 PM »
Quote from: amigadave;656744
Get together with ciento and others that want a show in the middle, or Eastern part of the country and make it happen.  Choose Spring Break for the time and we will have two USA Amiga shows to attend each year, AmiWest in Oct. and your show in the Spring.

It just takes some hard work and organization by a few dedicated individuals to make it happen.  You might find many Amiga users that feel the same way as you that would be willing to help.  I would try to attend if there were a second Amiga show each year, even though it would be a long trip to get there.

Until you have it set up, you should attend AmiWest and gather support and ideas from other Amiga users that are attending.

There is a really slim chance I might make it this year! Last minute type deal.
I have been talking with a few Amiga people who used to be involved with User Groups in the Virginia, Washington, Maryland area - every one likes the idea, If some one else does it.
I should back on my feet for real by next spring, so just maybe I'll try pushing harder then.
A2000 GVP 40MHz \'030, 21Mb RAM SD/FF, 2 floppies, internal CD-ROM drive, micromys v3 w/laser mouse
A1000 Microbotics Starboard II w/2Mb 1080, & external floppy (AIRdrive)
C-128 w/1571, 1750, & Final Cartridge III+