Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Reasons why I don't like emulators - or why xx-UAE is really unusable  (Read 6534 times)

Description:

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
You can also redefine keyboard layout through the emulator config, so it really not a problem given that a pc keyboard has a few extra keys.

Pretty much none of your points ring true for me, but to each their own.
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
Re: Reasons why I don't like emulators - or why xx-UAE is really unusable
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 12:53:11 AM »
There's also amithlon I guess, which is significantly faster than any other amiga emulator out there (especially with fpu performance). It's also void of the input lag "problem".
Im still a bit unclear about the slash character "issue". Every single keyboard I have has both forward and back slash keys. Backslash also has same character as amiga for shift+backslash (not sure what a person would call that character though).
Most of my coding is done under emulation, and keys have never even crossed my mind. Theyre just there.
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 06:47:22 AM »
Ah, of course, different regions.
I was a little baffled as to what the problem was for a while. Didn't even consider different keyboards for different regions. :)

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 09:00:53 PM »
Seems pretty obvious by now that you're happy to dislike the software and that no solution will appease you. Not because there are no solutions, but because you've chosen to be discontent.
If you're happy with that then Im happy for you, but its a bit on the nose to discredit the quality of someones work because youre not interested in learning to use the software.

To each their own though. If this is what makes you happy then who am I to tell you otherwise?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 09:03:05 PM by fishy_fiz »