Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Reasons why I don't like emulators - or why xx-UAE is really unusable  (Read 6542 times)

Description:

Offline wawrzon

@thor

i agree about keyboard issues. nothing beats a real amiga keyboard for real amiga use, except when the keys get stuck due to age ;)

but speedwise uae with jit or even without is pretty snappy executing 68k code on a regular pc these days. i am using it on setups down to p4 mobile on ocassions, and it is satisfactory in my book. of course its just an intermediate tool in my eyes, but winuae is a good one, and fs-uae is probably likewise. so i dont feel like avoiding it to get something done for amiga, like test something there before i take it over to real hardware on a cf card.

Offline wawrzon

Re: Reasons why I don't like emulators - or why xx-UAE is really unusable
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 12:05:17 PM »
@thor

by the way the autor of fs-uae is a member on eab, but not here i guess. if you like to deliver some feedback to him as how to make his emulator better, it would be a sensible choice to register there and talk to him directly. also toni is a member on eab. most technical amiga discussions, whatever subject, are carried out over there. and pretty much every member here with some knowledge and intetntions is a member there, while the opposite seems not to apply.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 03:05:46 PM »
seriously, thomas, none is trying to sell you on windows. as i said, many will agree with you that sitting in front of actual amiga is something else than sitting in front of a pc running an emu of whatever kind. i among others. but i dont get it how ranting about it here is going to achieve anything. except it is an introduction to some fresh news about gunnars fpga core.

one way or the other the best way to solve your problems, receive assistance and supply feedback is via eab, as i mentioned before.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 05:30:40 PM »
Quote from: cgutjahr;776094
You haven't used mmu.library in a while, I take it ;)

well, now that you mention it, winuae support for mmu is restricted to non-jit mode, this might be a show stopper for thomas.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 07:12:13 AM »
Quote from: Minuous;776227

My host system is only 1.6GHz, but the emulation flies, much faster than any 68060 let alone 68030. Probably a configuration issue.

psst. dont tell him how fast the emulation really is, he might lose the confidence in gunnars fpga and stop suupporting him. ;P