Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Yup, I just banned him...  (Read 17624 times)

Description:

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
Re: Yup, I just banned him...
« on: October 13, 2013, 08:31:39 AM »
That's awesome!  :razz:
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 05:14:56 PM »
Quote from: SysAdmin;750102
Misunderstood, trolled, strong feelings for and  against them. Like an Amiga when you try one you will understand why  owners love them.

That's what i think about redheads.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 05:18:27 PM »
Quote from: yssing;750115
@SysAdmin >> While we are at the subject of fixing things on the site, maybe it would be possible to add bootstrap or make the site responsive using an other tool.
I browse this site using my phone more than I use a computer.

Screw using a smartphone. If you really cool you would be browsing using a classic Amiga. Which is what i would be doing if i actually owned an Amiga  : /

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 01:10:20 PM »
Quote from: SysAdmin;750167
You do realize that sub-forum is in the Coffee House section right? You have to go hunting for any threads in those sub-forums. Are you casting your vote for the elimination of the Coffee House? On a separate note thanx for the suggestion and  we will investigate your feature request.

So what you are saying is that if you can't promote electric cars you are going to eliminate the Coffee House? Why would you even say this?

If you did shut down the Coffee House the decision to do so would blow up in your face. The Coffee House is a part of the culture of Amiga.org and even as owner you cannot forcibly change this culture. The members here won't let you. As owner, your role is to maintain the culture - not change it.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 10:11:06 PM »
What is the difference between a freedom and a right? Maybe you could explain this to us non-Americans (i hope it makes more sense than trying to justify gun culture).

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 05:52:57 AM »
Thanks LoadWB. Maybe too much info but that's OK. I still don't understand gun culture though. I have in my 29 years of life never seen a gun before apart from the police which are not even loaded. Why do you need guns in the first place? We don't need them - why do you?

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 07:36:06 AM »
I've had this very same debate with many of my American friends and it always ends the same way. They basically say what you said and i reply with "but i still don't understand why you need guns in the first place" which is the honest truth. I don't think either of us is going to convinve the other they are right or wrong so we should just leave it at that. No point getting heated over it.

I think gun loving Americans are born into it that is why they are so accepting of it whereas the rest of us non Americans haven't been. I'm sure if i were born where you are i would probably have a different perspective on it.

I think it's scary how you try to justify having guns as hobbies and then compare them to kitchen knifes as a point in argument. I mean, really? That's silly.

Where i am if you even mention the word gun everyone will think you are a bad person and i'm pretty sure every cop in town will be bashing your door down before you kill someone but you talk about guns as if they are harmless hobbies. Really scary stuff.

Overall i think you and i are living in two very different perspectives so each to their own. Thanks for the offer for the book but i already have my mind made up so i probably wouldn't read it. Thanks anyway.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 11:36:12 PM »
Quote from: LoadWB;750342
According to MADD, 27 people are killed by drunk drivers every day.  According to NBC, 30 people are killed by guns every day.

What do?

Confirmation bias?

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2013, 03:52:49 AM »
Quote from: Retro_71;750364
Unfortunately the vast majority of people in Australia have been brainwashed into thinking LEGAL gun owners are like the CRIMINAL gun owners and hence forth the checks that the police do because as everyone know we adults can't do anything for ourselves...

Guns are not a part of Australian identity. I think most Australians believe guns are unneccessary in suburbia. I am one of them. But i think most people in Australia know there are guns needed for use in the outback for culling. You sir are out of place.

BTW did you see the bushfires? Last night i saw the clouds glowing orange because of the fires. Lots of smoke too.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2013, 04:03:38 AM »
Quote from: Megamig;750365
So does that make butch dykes who love guns straight? People who buy into stereotypes should quit!

The problem i have with stereotypes in that they are often true. People will always be quick to slam you for using them completely ignoring the fact they are true which is dumb. For example:

Stereotype: Asian teenage girls can't drive.
Fact*: Asian teenage girls can't drive.

I hate political correctness. For me it has become a really ugly word.

*I speak from my personal experience of trying to teach my teenage asian girlfriend and her friends how to drive.

Edit: for the sake of being diplomatic and TMHG when i say stereotypes i am referring to generalisations in general.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 04:31:35 AM by Kesa »

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2013, 04:29:14 AM »
Quote from: save2600;750373
Wrong.

Wow - starting to sound like a broken record here.

Again - and again - and again - and again - and again - and again - and - again and again - and again - and again - and again - and again - and again - and - again and again - and again - and again - and again - and again - and again - and - again and again - and again - and again - and again - and again - and again - and - again and again - and again - and again - and again - and again - and again - and - again and again - and again - and again - and again - and again - and again - and - again and again - and again - and again - and again - and again - and again - and - again and again - and again - and again - and again - and again - and again - and - again and again - and again - and again - and again - and again - and again - and - again and again - and again - and again - and again - and again - and again - and - again and again - and again - and again - and again - and again - and again - and - again and again - and again - and again - and again - and again - and again - and - again and again - and again - and again - and again - and again - and again - and - again and again - and again - and again - and again - and again - and again - and - again and again - and again - and again - and again - and again - and again - and - again and again - and again - and again - and again - and again - and again.

...LAW ABIDING CITIZENS ARE NOT THE PROBLEM!!   !!  !!  !!  !!  !!  !!  !!  !!  !!  !!  !!  !!  !!  !!  !!  !

I'm sorry but i still don't understand why you need guns in the first place :confused:

They are completely unneccessary in suburbia. If America really does need guns in suburbia then it must be a really screwed up country.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2013, 05:13:33 AM »
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 02:55:38 AM by Kesa »

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2013, 05:42:20 AM »
Quote from: save2600;750384
Wow, gotta love modern "computing". The picking and choosing. The flaws. And especially this site's idiotic and unnecessary flaws.

Your response is actually typical. I have had this reaction from several  American gunlovers. They get hot tempered and aggressive when you fail  to share their opinion on why guns are OK. This is part of the reason  guns and America scare the crap out of me.

In my entire life i  have never felt the need or desire to own a gun. Any threatening  situation i have ever been in or can imagine being in i have been able  to resolve effectively without the use of a gun. I am now going to go  into a gun shop and buy a gun so i can "defend myself". Can someone  explain this logic to me because i am really confused.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2013, 10:42:04 AM »
Right. Let's get back to the topic of
:angryfire::angryfire: WHAT JOHN DID :angryfire::angryfire:

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2013, 02:25:10 AM »
I don't understand what you mean by "Obama's fault" and "Republicans response". Maybe you could explain it to us non Americans here instead of just assuming we should already know.