Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: SSI Gold Box games  (Read 860 times)

Description:

Offline amigadaveTopic starter

• Lifetime Member
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
SSI Gold Box games
« on: February 05, 2009, 08:41:21 AM »
I am sure many of you will remember the many great (if you like the type) SSI Gold Box D&D games that were ported to the C64 and the Amiga years ago.  SSI released the game engine titled Forgotten Realms Unlimited Adventures, or FRUA for short (UA for even shorter), but it was not ported or released on the Amiga, just the PC and Mac.

Well, there is still an active community for UA that has a Yahoo Groups  mailing list and just in the last week has a new forum website at frua.isgreat.org  that you might enjoy checking out.  It is experiencing a recent resurgence in activity and interest where many of the great UA design writers of the past are returning.  There must be hundreds of game designs that have been written and uploaded for anyone who owns the game engine to play and enjoy and many hacks have been developed to allow better artwork, special items and/or spells and even different genres to enjoy, such as the Super Hero worldhack, Oriental worldhack and others.

One of the reasons I mention all of this here is because I hope to port Unlimited Adventures to the AmigaOS/MorphOS someday and secondly, I would like Wayne to check out the forum website to see if he can incorporate a couple of its features here.  I specially like the two options of 1. "Show unread posts since last visit" and 2. "Show new replies to your posts" options which are placed just under a notification which goes something like this "Hey AmigaDave you have 1 message, 0 are new" and "Total time logged in: 9 hours and 51 minutes", which keeps track of how much time you have spent on that site cumulative.

It would be nice if those two, or at least one of the two options could be implemented here at A.org.

Happy viewing and I hope that some of you will be interested in Unlimited Adventures/UA and want to help when I start to port it to AmigaOS & MorphOS.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)