Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga Icon Files  (Read 4344 times)

Description:

Offline VegenadTopic starter

• Show all replies
Amiga Icon Files
« on: April 03, 2010, 02:40:10 PM »
Hi,

I'm just starting to learn how to program for the Amiga OS and was wondering if there existed any tools for the creation of icon files?

I've found the article http://teleinfo.pb.edu.pl/~krashan/articles/amigaicons/ which explains the file format but would rather not put together the .info files by hand if I can help it.

Cheers :),

Danny

• Show all replies
Re: Amiga Icon Files
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 04:04:35 PM »
Woops, how did I miss that :).

Thank you very much :).

I've got another question if you don't mind.

I've been downloading various Amiga applications from the net (such as the Christmas competition games) and have added them to a folder which I have specified as a hard drive in WinUAE.

The issue I have is that the directories and files are not recognised by the Amiga OS (as a result of them lacking .info files). So far I've been creating these .info files manually for each file but would rather not if I can avoid it.

Do you know of any way that I can automatically generate .info files for each directory and file?

Thanks very much,

Danny

• Show all replies
Re: Amiga Icon Files
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 08:28:55 PM »
Thanks everybody. Very much appreciated :).

I've had a bit of a play with all those tools. They all look interesting. I really like how the Amiga OS allows different images for their selected and not selected states. Much more interesting.

Cheers again :),

Danny