Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hans-Joerg and Thomas Frieden withdraw themself from the public  (Read 10099 times)

Description:

Offline Darth_X

• Show only replies by Darth_X
Re: Hans-Joerg and Thomas Frieden withdraw themself from the
« Reply #29 from previous page: March 21, 2003, 07:30:14 PM »
and we have deleted all our Amiga bookmarks

Is it just me or does anyone else find this weird?

Offline lempkee

• Show only replies by lempkee
    • http://www.amigaguru.com
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2003, 09:15:08 PM »
thats the way to do it , great hyperion.

exactly this is one of the reasons why we froze our projects or stopped em for good, now we work on something else and not mentioned around, why?
well because of all the mud slingers out there.

i hope that hyperion will post again soon , as thats when os4 news will arrive i guess.

untill then, i toTALLY understand it and its very harsh to see all the fights going on, and thats to the most productive team on amiga the last 4 years...

what would this place be like i everyone backed out like this?, think about and start to care more before you sling us some mud in the face.

I AM SOO tIRED OF FIGHTS!!!
Whats up with all the hate!

Offline N7VQM

• Show only replies by N7VQM
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2003, 06:46:15 PM »
I'm with you, Darth_X.  It seems to be an over reaction.  What does deleating bookmarks to Amiga sites have to do with withdrawing from public debate?
\\"...an error of 1 is much less significant in counting the population of the Earth than in counting the occupants of a phone booth.\\" - Michael T. Heath, Scientific Computing...

Offline Zorro

• Show only replies by Zorro
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2003, 04:45:29 PM »
The story repeat itself...

8-)  :-x  :-P  ;-)  :-D  :-)  :-(
--- --- --- --- --- --- ---
   Zorro:roflmao:Zorro
--- --- --- --- --- --- ---
The Phoenix is rising...

Offline Minuous

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2004, 03:11:55 PM »
It was taking time away from the actual programming. So it is a good move in that respect.

However it was also good to have the developers available to explain what was going on and it did reduce the amount of FUD in the community.

I can also understand why some people have been feeling betrayed. If this OS was going to take 4 years to create, Hyperion and Amino should have made that clear at the outset. If you tell someone every month for 4 years that something will be finished "real soon now", of course they will become cynical.

Of course that's not the Frieden's fault, apparently they are pretty much the only coders making OS4? I think Hyperion should have assigned more coders to this project and it would likely be finished; as it is the entire burden falls on their shoulders.

Obviously they are both excellent programmers, but there is a limit to the rate at which software can be programmed. Maybe those useless bludging fools at Amino, especially Gary Peake and Ray Akey, could have been put on the project rather than set loose to annoy the community and rant and moan. Oops, I forgot they are lamers :-) better not let them then :-)

I would have thought the Friedens would have finished coding by now and would have more time, not less,  to peruse the forums? Or am I to infer that the coding of OS4 is still underway? which with testing, duplication, etc. would mean at least six more months of waiting?

All hail the Friedens, they really are OS4 heroes...